Mohamed SALAH: 2020/21

Anyone think he is trying to force a move away from us to Madrid with this bs about the olympics? We already have an olympics in football - it’s called the World cup.

No. I don’t think it’s that crazy an idea that he would have wanted to have represented his country at the Olympics, its a huge thing to most people and in some walks of life the defining moment of a proud, athletic career. I’d certainly expect it to be above many honours he could be highly motivated to be a part of competing for. I don’t think us telling him he can’t go is going to be a long term issue but of course it would be disappointing for him in the short term.

2 Likes

It is detrimental that he starts this season. Especially since we dont have that many trusted options at those positions up front. We dont know how Mane is going to be and Firmino is another outlier , its all on his day. I can completey agree with the club blocking him from representing Egypt in the Olympics, especially since AFCON is also coming up as well. If Salah thinks this is a issue… we are in for trouble this summer.

Does he think it’s an issue? I haven’t seen anything that suggests he does.

3 Likes

I dont know if he does, but a lot of people are trying to suggest that he might find it as an issue as in us trying to deny him or Konate from representing their country in the olympics. or trying to stir up some drama which his agent might use to drum up interest from real madrid or psg to come get him.

Why are people making an issue of this? Is he supposed to be ecstatically happy doing press conferences singing from the rooftops about how happy he is his club has asked him not to take part in a competition representing his country he’d usually look forward to appearing in? Its a bad thing for him! What do people expect? Him to be happy? He doesn’t seem to be kicking off, talk is it’s still positive over talk of him extending his contract and he’s still happy here. People looking for problems.

Footballers dont give a fuck about the Olympics. The conversation is warped by the last two being held in London and Rio providing outsized pressure for the hosts to do well and that pressure being put on the shoulders of the most high profile players in a way that is not representative about the competition in general. Especially for Brazil given they were on a tournament drought and viewed it as an easy, politically expedient way to break that.

But even then when you speak to the players who participated its not about the football it’s about getting to stay in the Olympic village and see Lebron James in the cafeteria.

Mo has Lebron on fucking speed dial.

2 Likes

Mo representing Egypt in the Olympics would be like him playing for the World Cup U21’s or U23’s.

I frankly wouldn’t get out of bed to watch it, so why would Mo get out of bed to play in it?

It’d be like me playing my ten year old nephew at ping pong. I’m doing it for him to enjoy, there’s no effort required for me.

To be honest there’s a lot of sports that have no business in the Olympics and footy is one of them.

2 Likes

Considering he will play in the ACON and this Arab cup then I assume he will fine.

He played at the World Cup and that will be his aim nationally again considering Ramos left him less than 100% fit last time.

1 Like

I don’t think Salah was interested about playing in the Olympics, he has enough on his plate as it is.

It’s the FA boss who keeps whining. I guess with Salah Egypt would have had a decent chance of progressing to the quarterfinals.

That would have been a huge political capital for him.

1 Like

Yes, it is a crazy idea. It’s like a professional athlete wanting to go play a dodgeball tournament. Everyone knows, except stupid foreigners maybe, that the olympics is complete bs when it comes to football.

1 Like
1 Like

He looks very upset about not be allowed to cut his vacation short to play in the Olympics.

13 Likes

Cosidering the Japanese Government have just declared a national emergency due to rising covid numbers including banning fans from attending events, I think it is smart for the club to not allow players to go.

1 Like

I’m more worried about the boat in the background of the first pic. That’s obviously been sent from Real Madrid to steal him.

5 Likes

Maybe they should move the Olympics to COVID free Wembley.

3 Likes

I think he needs a new hair cut, what do you guys think about a young mans bun? :smiley:

5 Likes

What look like three chimneys in the background in the first pic put me in mind of a beach not far from here called Suishohama. I wonder if there’s also a nuclear power plant near where Mo’s staying? Aren’t many people around , are there?

1 Like

Salah went to a famous Red Sea resort (forgot the name). Not sure if he stayed there all these weeks.

I think he normally goes the Maldives too but he looks fit and rested. :+1: