Mohamed SALAH: 2021/22

What a great news I was depressed today but it has lifted me no end and now I can imagine how pissed off our rivals are double elation for me!

6 Likes

Weā€™re in Bangkok in a few weeks lads, pretty sure heā€™ll be playing the whole of pre season with his top off.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a semi for your semi

4 Likes
2 Likes

This is fantastic. Justā€¦ perfect.

2 Likes

Ramy Abbas Issa

cunt.

Mo currently sits in ninth place on our all-time goalscorers list, with 156.

Three more seasons means heā€™s almost certain to pass Stevie (186) and move into fifth; the question is can he reach fourth-placed Billy Liddell (228) in three years? :thinking:

4 Likes

Great news this, finally put all the chat to bed and get on with getting him back on form and firing again next season.

Also means we can concentrate on midfield recruitment next summer and not be worried about having to replace Salah too. I mean, he could still leave next summer but weā€™d be getting a nice fee for him now if he did go.

You can also understand why the club looked at it and thought they could only go to that level for one of Salah or Mane but not both. Itā€™s a huge step up in terms of our top earner and will see the next raft of contract extensions become that bit more expensive but such is the cost of having some of the worlds top players.

Loving the dig at his agent on Twitter too. Has Salah ditched him then or do you think the tweet his agent put out was completely unrelated and theyā€™re all having a laugh about using that as part of the announcement? Canā€™t think the agent would be happy if he wasnā€™t in on it.

I think heā€™s probably just rushed his tweet. His article says the contract is to 2025.

4 Likes

Excellent news!

Q: Now how much can we flog him for?

A: Hopefully 100 goals and zero lbs in three yearsā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s only an average of 24 goals a season to draw level, so yes I think he has an excellent chance.

Heā€™s on 23, 31, 31 in the past three seasons.

3 Likes

I say sell him to PSG for 200m

2 Likes

200m lbs or kgs?

Iā€™ve just watched that goal against City again. That alone is worth a new contract, itā€™s as good as any Messi scored.

3 Likes

From the clubā€™s Youtube channel

5 Likes

I have the feeling the club and agent were all in on it.

Anyhow Ward deserves some kudos I would assume, itā€™s not been a bad first summer.

4 Likes

Love how we announce this same day Richarlison leaves Everton.

Imagine being an Everton fan right now.

Letā€™s take a moment.

6 Likes

Joe Biden America GIF by Creative Courage

4 Likes

Phwoar

1 Like

The fact it is only 3 years is great insurance against Salah becoming a millstone around our necks if he deteriorates.

Opposition fans will try to draw comparisons between this and the way Arsenal and United have conducted business in recent years, but the differences are obvious. This is a far lower risk, higher reward outcome.

11 Likes

Yep, made this point elsewhere, itā€™s pretty much the perfect position for the club - we ensure we definitely get the benefit of his peak years (and given his fitness record and professionalism I do see him having a long peak), so if he sees this one out and leaves on a free we can feel pretty happy, or maybe he does a Milner and extends again on lower terms. I think the former scenario is more likely but if/when it happens I doubt anyone could really have a problem with it.

3 Likes