Mohamed SALAH: 2021/22

Let’s fucking go. Goes without saying really that this is the best bit of business we have done this summer (and I love everything else we have done!).

I love Sadio Mane, an absolutely terrific footballer and a great person but let’s be real… he’s not Mo Salah. He’s not at his level. We’ve retained a player who, for about 2/3rds of last season was the best player on the planet.

Hopefully with this contract stuff finally sorted he will hit the ground running next season.

5 Likes

Or a straight swap for Gini!

2 Likes

To be honest I’m actually disgusted with the amount of money we’ve paid to retain him , love Salah to bits, but no one is worth £400k pw in the real world regardless of who they are

1 Like

Well we’ve either pulled a rabbit out of the hat or a new contract was always on the cards.

Either way, fucking awesome news

1 Like

Its so obvious he and Sadio didn’t like each other as soon as Mane is sold Mo signs a new contract. :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

In principle I agree, but this is Premier League football and even though it’s a disgusting amount of money - that’s what you’ve got to do at this level of the game.

At least he’s actually one of the best in the world at what he does. Jacob Rees-Mogg made in one year more than 3x what Salah will across the course of this contract and all he’s good at is looking like an Edwardian cigarette salesman.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Just for @cynicaloldgit

5 Likes

That’s my weekend sorted.

4 Likes

Just twigged that this was a new tweet Liverpool were replying to, not the one he sent during the season.

3 Likes
3 Likes

From King Kenny

11 Likes

:rofl:
Good editing

Picked up via reddit

3 Likes

Ratface must be gutted. :grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

It’s only 3 more years right? Signing the contract today replaces the existing so it’s 3 years from today?

2 Likes

photo text GIF

1 Like

I just watched the interview and love this answer re both Mane and Darwin.

5 Likes

Goat recognising future goat

2 Likes

Whats amusing is all the back tracking all across social media from supporters who have been dam right abusive for the last 6 months assuming that he was going to leave.

8 Likes

100%
Its probably natural to be dissapointed etc when it looked like he wasn’t signing but some stuff has been embarrassing for Liverpool supporters. The same ones who will be lauding him in September…Mane got a lot more respect, and he left.

6 Likes