Mohamed SALAH: 2021/22

ahead of Suarez ?

Suarez and Salah are our best two attackers in the Premier League era. And Suarez built up to that level, had one amazing season at that level and went. Salah has been here at that level since day one putting up impossible numbers in goals, assists and chance Creation season after season. No way he would ever have a 1 in 3 season like Suarez did. Plus heā€™s an absolute brilliant, humble, charitable example of a human being off the pitch. No arrogance or volatile ego or anything. If you donā€™t rate Salah on the same level as Suarez (for different reasons) but as much better for LFC as a servant then yes, warped mind or not, you do not appreciate him enough.

1 Like

Is Suarez a current Liverpool player? :thinking:

1 Like

The fact you keep saying Suarez only had one top season shows how warped your perspective is, or maybe itā€™s just convenient amnesia. Just to refresh, 12/13, which you donā€™t rate, was better than any of Salahā€™s seasons apart from his first here.

As well as other claims such as ā€œSalah works twice as hard as Suarezā€.

Sure, youā€™re on the money here, well done.

His last season was head and shoulders above anything before. Iā€™d say the season before was on the level of the best seasons of guys like Torres and Mane at their best. That last season was what made him one of the two best of the Premier era for us.

Suarez now. In his mid 30s. No doubt NOBODY ever came close to how hard Suarez worked when he was here.

Nah, Mane and Torres are/were great, but they did not reach Suarez levels, even in 12/13.

If thereā€™s any under-appreciation here I think itā€™s you forgetting how good he was. He netted 30 goals whilst playing up front with Downing, Enrique, Suso etc for long parts of the season. He was phenomenal even before 13/14.

3 Likes

By saying heā€™s one of out two best attackers of modern times? Although he wasnā€™t here that long? How do you rate Salah then? As you seem to take personal that I put Salah on the same level?

I would add Alisson to that list. Heā€™s criminally under recognised because heā€™s a keeper. Heā€™s done a lot for club and country, but keepers never tend to get that same level of appreciation and recognition as itā€™s considered a routine for them to make saves.

2 Likes

I rest my case, the rest of us are all nincompoops!

Alisson, TAA, VVD, Salah all phenomenal players also Robbo, Hendo, Fabs, ManƩ in their own way others would argue Firmino, Matip and others. Just a formidible 1st 11. Yet we are being accused of not appreciating one particular player. Nincompoops all of us!

2 Likes

My bad. I took it as players currently still playing and not as what you intended

Poppycocks?

I have been tempted. :rofl:

1 Like

I tried to say that yesterday!

Tbf I think all the real fans (not twitter ball aches) appreciate Salah. He definitely isnā€™t recognised highly enough in the media though and I suspect his name and openness about his religion might have something to do with that

4 Likes

My Liverpool XI in my lifetime (so basically from the mid 80s onwards)ā€¦

Alisson
Trent Virgil Hyypia Nicol
Whelan Gerrard Barnes
Salah Torres Suarez
(4-3-3)

B Team: Reina, R Jones, Hansen, Carragher, Robertson, McManaman, Alonso, McMahon, ManƩ, Fowler, Rush (4-4-2)

2 Likes

Same age apparently. Swap Whelan for Alonso and I wouldnā€™t argue with that. Some team!

2 Likes

I was born in '77 but my first Liverpool supporting memory was from '84.

I was ā€˜80. Canā€™t bear to see God on the bench, so Torres might have to go, as much as I loved him

1 Like

So many difficult choices and so many who didnā€™t even make my 22ā€¦

Grobbelaar, Finnan, Lawrenson, Houghton, Mascherano, Johnston, Beardsley, Berger, Redknapp, Molby, Owen, Henderson

1 Like