Mohamed SALAH: 2022/23

On his wages, he could take us all to Disneyland.

3 Likes

You can see why FSG (and Iā€™m not defending them btw) donā€™t want to give big contracts to 30+ players.

Virg (this season) Hendo and Salah (since Jan) have fallen off cliffs since their new deals.

Short sample size. A player who has given everthing since day one for years, and comes into a (extended) dry spell, and is lambasted.

He was poor against Arsenal, except for that one lovely pass to slip in (forgot who, maybe Darwin).

Our problems are a combination of many factors, of course including Moā€™s form downturn. But better to judge over an extended period rather than coming to rash conclusions.

Yes, some may say the writing was on the wall since AFCON. Yet, Mo was still integral to the cups and going to wire in the other two competitions.

This team with Klopp has given enough for us to see out a transition season. Use it to integrate into the new system of play, get talented youngsters like Elliot more game time, etc.

I for one donā€™t want us to fall into the chequebook solves everything trap that Man United has been in for 10 years.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t seen the stats for a while now, but Iā€™m fairly certain that his underlying performance hadnā€™t changed between the pre-AFCON part of last season, the post-AFCON part of last season, and this season until the point I last checked.

Yes, the actual goals were down, but in terms of expected goals, assists, and expected assists (among many other things), he was still doing the right things. Just being let down by his finishing.

I think this problem is accentuated by the overall poor form of the team, and the deep unease that many feel at the way Haaland has adapted to the league (although that said, I donā€™t think Salahā€™s first season was too far off what Haaland is doing at the moment).

I think heā€™ll regain his form, but the question is whether we have the space to do so before this season turns into a total catastrophe. Mental and physical fatigue can combine to blunt him, but given that his game, as with pretty much our entire team, relies very much on getting the simple things right, unerringly, especially with timing (arriving at the right time to shoot, hitting the ball at the right time to get it on target, timing runs to stay onside but still reach the ball, etc.), I think the fatigue is making the drop-off between peak Salah/Liverpool and the current state a lot starker than it really is.

It feels like 2020-21 in that it will be a long grind, but the players will come good again.

I know it was just Rangers :roll_eyes:. But his position was key last night. Whenever he got the ball he was around the opposition box, NOT yards away from it. He only needed a few touches to create a scoring opportunity.

Mo Salah has scored more goals for Liverpool than Luis SuĆ”rez and Fernando Torres combinedā€¦ in eight fewer appearances.

Salah ā€“ 164 goals in 267 apps
SuĆ”rez ā€“ 82 goals in 133 apps
Torres ā€“ 81 goals in 142 apps.

2 Likes

But Suarez and Torres played alongside Gerrard,
and he took all the pens.

1 Like

Mo just takes the ball :wink:

2 Likes

Put him closer to goal with less track back duties, and back in goals. Our best scorer, need to keep feeding him.

Anthiony Taylor not even hiding that he gave Salah nothing all game. Add to the report last year or so showing that Mo is an extreme outlier that he gets wayfewer fouls than he should, then something doesnā€™t smell right.

The Prem bang on about kick racism out. They should start with PGMOL and take a look at the decisions their own refs make.

2 Likes

Iā€™m beginning to think that he is racist.

Iā€™d have said a cunt. Same thing, really.

1 Like

Fowler 128 goals
Salah 121 goals
Gerrard 120 goals

Legend confirmed :star_struck:

Donā€™t think it needed confirmation, mate.

3 Likes

But he hasnā€™t given an assist to Sadio this season. Selfish

Drury makes it even more wonderful :fire:

WWE or fucking what.
Then has the cheek to call for consistency from the refs.

Salah looking down at him like ā€œYes my little childā€

Or f**k off you little shit.