Mohamed SALAH: 2023/24

Thing I noticed about the goal was how ridiculously fast he looked again. Feels like ages since we’ve seen him run like that.

9 Likes

As i said if he remains fit having him go out for what was a international break and get injured instead of him playing 120 minutes for 4-5 games which could have happened had he been there could have it’s benefits.

1 Like

One thing we have missed is having him break fast from a ball from the keeper. It’s not just speed, he can detect when the keeper is going to catch and control the ball and be breaking down the wing before anyone notices. I’m wondering if Kelleher will be coached to release early to him because Alisson is a master at it.

1 Like

Talk is he is out of Luton match? That right?

From Echo’s website article:

It’s also been claimed in Egypt that Mohamed Salah has suffered a recurrence of the muscle injury that kept him sidelined for around a month until Saturday’s substitute cameo, where he registered his 19th goal of the campaign.

Salah, who last started for the Reds on New Year’s Day when he scored twice against Newcastle, suffered a muscle problem with Egypt during their Africa Cup of Nations game with Ghana last month and was flown back from the Ivory Coast to work on his individually tailored training regime, designed by Liverpool’s rehabilitation team.

Speaking to Egyptian TV station OnTimeSports, presenter Ahmed Shoubir said: “I have sad news, I learned that Salah suffered an injury at the end of the meeting between Liverpool and Brentford and renewed injury suffered during the camp of the Egyptian national team. Salah unfortunately will not be able to play the next Liverpool Premier League match against Luton Town. This is my information and I hope that the news is not true, but it is largely true.”

Salah, as is routine for players who are returning from injuries, will be checked over when the team gathers for training and Klopp will deliver the latest in his Tuesday press conference to preview the visit from Luton.

Is this the same news source that claimed he wasn’t injured in the first place and shouldn’t have gone to Liverpool for treatment?

1 Like

:thinking:

I assume what they mean is that my sources are usually true, anyhow odd wording.

It true it means we have 10 players injured.

Matip
Jota
TAA
Szoboszlai
Jones
Núñez
Tiago
Becker
Bajcetic
Salah

And with that comes the risk that we are playing the same over and over again what brings even more injuries …

It is total BS rumor from Egypt watch him trot out against Luton!

1 Like

Klopp says no new injury woes or our Instagram account posts him walking up the stairs at training tomorrow with a :eyes: will do me

2 Likes

Just saw that the Egypt FA declined Liverpool’s request to have Mo left off of their team, for the upcoming international break, where they are just playing friendlies. The pricks.

3 Likes

He just needs to pick up a bit of something against Man Utd late on.

1 Like

We might have to go full racists and stop signing any African players….with AFCON every two years mid season and weirdo FAs, it’s hardly worth it.

Maybe for Mo, but few and far between.

I don’t think there is a particular need but these FAs should consider how damaging this is for their game.

Decent players might be passed on because of this and so you have teams with one star name and lots of guys who haven’t reached potential. I think clearly Salah knew he was injured and they bullshit about the injury. Only when we said we would send people over did they acknowledge he had to come back.

As clubs getbstronger these FAs will get increasingly weaker. Its only patriotism that is keeping their best players coming back.

Personally I’d retire from international football immediately, as its not something that interests me, but players seem to like it - or at least feel and obligation to do it.

Think that may change going forward though, especially as players are overworked as it is.

I don’t see anything changing.

Vast majority of players, if not all of them, will still want to play for their national sides, that’s not very hard to understand.

There are different levels of motivation of course (Carragher, Matip) and we’ve seen players retire earlier than others (Scholes), but I couldn’t name not even a few that categorically weren’t interested and kept rejecting call ups.

So yeah, not being interested in international football and imagining not participating in it or retiring immediately is certainly fair, but it’s simply not what 99% footballers do.

3 Likes

The international game will die, its a matter of time. Tournaments will happen but the best players won’t be there. Clubs will eventually control their own leagues, such as the super league idea, and participation in national team tournaments will be either not allowed contractually or controlled heavily.

That’s the way the game is going. It won’t be in the next few years but eventually it’ll happen.

All the money is in an NFL/NBA/MLB model. Football club owners know this, half of them own those other leagues too, and they’ll continue to push the game that way. A franchised league of “elite” clubs with all the money and power.

Salah needs to take a stand here. I get the pride that playing for your nation represents. But these are friendly tournaments. He’s got an obligation to Liverpool to be fit as soon as possible. He’s being paid by Liverpool way more than he’s being paid by Egypt.

Matip did the right decision in retiring from internationals when he did. We see the likes of Keita being criminally misused by their national teams and it’s not fair for clubs who’ve spent millions to acquire him only for them to go crocked while in national duty.

Even Sturridge got broken by Roy during national team duties so it isn’t a problem restricted to Africa alone.

1 Like

Assuming he is fit, I think Salah will play for Egypt, even in friendlies, but I suspect he will have a word and do 2x45mins, something like that.

I’m not Egyptian and I wouldn’t know, but I could easily imagine just having him appear will help lift the team, and by extension, the nation.

He is a global star, head and shoulders above the next best Egyptian, and as such he transcends the sport itself and is a son of the nation.

I don’t like it, and I’d rather he swerved it, but it’s not going to happen if he is fit. The best we can hope for is he has a word and they let him do half games.

3 Likes