Mohamed SALAH: 2023/24

It’s very possible that after the AFCON and in light of Jürgen leaving, Mo has just told the Egyptian FA to give him a break before possibly the most important two months of the rest of his career.
He has a very special relationship with Klopp and will want to do everything he can to send him off on a high note.

5 Likes

It happens sometimes, national FA’s are not “evil” all the time.

:slight_smile:

Seven season wonder.

7 Likes

First time ever apparently. Rush was on course for it but moved to Italy in what would have been his 7th year.

Odd that his lowest return came in our title winning season.

7 Likes

He took his top off against Man Utd and got a bit chilly.

But that season he ,Mané, and Bobby all scored 20 goals.

1 Like

Who?

Why would Mido know this?

It’s plausible, but there’s no reason to believe he knows anything.

Bullshit, he said in an interview with Carra last week that he was staying after Klopp leaves

He didn’t say that, he said that Klopp leaving will not affect his situation at the club.

2 Likes

I’m sure this guy said Salah was moving to Madrid at least once.

It will be up to that club to pay up then. And we know Edwards form in this area :wink:

Plus it’s always international breaks. Even when Salah hasn’t gone over.

1 Like

He wouldn’t have said that if he’s already agreed a deal with Saudi

Actually, Carra asked him in those words and he said “no”. If he hasn’t agreed, still time to do so. Whether with us or with another club. In my opinion, everything is still possible, but it’s just that Klopp leaving won’t be the only deciding factor. That’s how I understood what he said.

https://twitter.com/bobby_role/status/1772935820367810649

1 Like

Thankfully got that goal today, because the amount of simple mistakes he had…

But that’s Salah, he has the capacity to keep appearing in goalscoring areas.

3 Likes

Yup should of been looking to put Diaz back in but I’ll forgive him.

I was getting annoyed with him! It’s a tune I’ve played a hundred times before. Salah, wasteful! Salah, pass! Etc. Then he scores the winner.

I’m claiming the assist :joy:

6 Likes

If Mo gets a goal and an assist in all the remaining matches we’ll be more than happy.

7 Likes

Well, that was bad. Maybe he’s still feeling the effects of his injury? He didn’t even look that mad at Klopp for subbing him off. Some of his shots are pretty unreasonable and that infuriates me. His passing is pretty good, though, though I found it strange that he and Diaz played too deep at time - I can’t tell if that was a tactical decision to draw out Sheffield’s fullbacks or a consequence of them defending with everything they had.

That sub got me thinking about one thing - if Kelleher’s, Gomez’ and Bradley’s form remains largely as it is, will Klopp stick with then once Alisson and Trent return from their respective injuries? If he can sub off Salah so early when the team is trying to break down a low block, maybe we’ll see more similar decision from him?