Surname: Salah
Squad Number: 11
Position: Forward
D.O.B.: 15.06.1992.
Town of Birth: Basyoun
Country of Birth: Egypt
Nationality: Egyptian

1 Like

2023/24: 44 games, 3132 mins, 25 goals and 14 assists.

…and one hair transplant :0)

3 Likes

Needs his hair back :cry:

3 Likes

Slot can support him through this :man_bald:t4:

4 Likes

Maybe this gave him the idea for a new hairline…

3 Likes

I’m still getting used to seeing Mo bombing down the right wing with his new buzz cut. Every time I see him, I’m wondering “who’s that new guy we signed?”

1 Like

5 Likes

300 G/A for Mo Salah at Liverpool now.

The goals against City and Salzburg look ridiculous when you see them presented in data like this.

3 Likes

I don’t know, they looked quite ridiculous on the pitch too…

3 Likes

I was quite critical of Mo’s overall game last year, but he has looked a back to near his best in Pre-season and yesterday’s game

1 Like

I think there is room for debate now if he isn’t the best forward this club has ever had, not only in terms of goalscoring, but especially in terms of his overall contribution to our game. And that’s really something to say… :open_mouth:

Exhibiting case 1: whenever I think about our best ever forward in history, the name Ian Rush comes automatically to my mind. Looking at his stats, he scored 330 goals in 650 games for us. That’s an average of 0,507 per game, truly breathtaking over such a long career. He deserves his unique status, no doubt about it.

Now let’s see Salah’s stats: 213 goals in 351 games, thus an average per game of… 0,606! :exploding_head:

But that’s not all. Salah has 90 assists to his name so far. Compare that to Rush, who had roughly one assist for three goals throughout his career. Salah has had one assist for every 2,36 goal he has scored! It’s truly mindboggling. :open_mouth:

Of course, Rush will probably stay number one in everyone’s mind because of his overall number of goals and assists, which Salah most probably won’t reach, and also because the club as a whole lived through its most successful period ever in terms of trophies. But in terms of quality, it’s only fair to compare these two. The numbers don’t lie: Salah does better than Rush!

I hope that everyone is aware how blessed we are to have had Mo with us since such a long time, and the best is that he’s still up and running!

6 Likes

Not mine. Billy Liddell for me.

1 Like

Right, I’ll have a look at his stats.

Edit: 180 goals and 63 assists in 394 games.

Not bad… :joy:
But still, Rush beats him narrowly in terms of averages, and Salah by a fair margin.

1 Like

Liddell was basically the entire team (think Gerrard during our poorer years of late) and everyone was focused on stopping him. And let’s not forget that tackles were far rougher back then.

The club wasn’t nicknamed “Liddellpool” for nothing.

2 Likes

Our most successful goalscorer in the PL era. Rush did play a few seasons of PL with us but Salah is definitely the most successful in PL. Wonder whether he will stay after this season but if he does, he have a mighty chance to overtake Roger Hunt to be the 2nd all time top.scorer

1 Like