Mohamed SALAH: 2024/25

He’s such a fantastic human being.
In the CL final - ‘I fell on my shoulder’.
Anyone else would say ‘I was wrestled to the ground by one of the biggest bastards in world football, dislocating my shoulder and destroying my dream of glory’.

2 Likes

“My kids are scousers now” :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s going to be interesting to see how Mo reacts to having serious competition for his spot for the first time in his time with us. He doesn’t even like being subbed in the 85th minute usually, but with all these extra CL games, he’s going to have to be managed like everyone else.

Like any top Pro, puts in his best performances and says the shirt is mine

2 Likes

Both of them?

It’s two more games, not ten.

1 Like

Sorry, I thought it was more. Can’t get a grip on this new system.
Anyway, Mo isn’t going to be starting every game.

1 Like

https://x.com/AnfieldEdition/status/1830293583053865067?t=wcHPSBCKEL2dZsCQT7xHcw&s=19

Give this man a contract now!! He will sign it.

4 Likes

He’s been incredible this year. There’s at least another 3 years in him. Get him signed up asap!!

3 Likes

Yup…no brainer. Can’t understand why we are dragging it. Same with Van Dyk. Same with Trent. With Trent it’s too much.

1 Like

Sign him.

Get this sorted, Edwards.

2 Likes

So that’s both him and Virg saying the same thing.

As of today in his mind, it’s easy to see why he’d say this is his last season…but we’ve all been in this game from the outside long enough to know things change quickly in football, coming to an agreement on a new contract is something that can happen in 1 conversation.

I’ve never been a fan of letting players leave for nothing, especially given our strict spending position…3 goals and 3 assists now in 3 games, he’s making it very hard for us to not want to offer him a new deal, so I would be very surprised if we didn’t.

1 Like

15 goals in 16 games against United.

3 Likes

Great goal for Mo, normally goes for the far corner but placed it near with Onana, who is shite, over covering the far post.

Great finish and 2 assists :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Prior to the goal in 19-20 (the Ali assist) he’d never scored against them and it was turning into a bit of a Ian Rush like narrative. Once that one went in he just hasnt stopped scoring against them.

2 Likes

Ya mate… We can’t wait for long and Real/Barca/PSG will come in on January and they would have started the tapping in process by now. That’s our spine in VVD, Trent and Salah.

I remember that every time he plays against them. I think that there were three sides he hadn’t scored against in PL, Man United and Swansea were two at that time, I genuinely can’t remember the third. Since that goal in front of the Kop, his record against them has surpassed even my wildest dreams.

I hated the timing of his comments but I think that they were calculated. I want to interpret them as “yeah, I desperately want to stay here and fight for trophies and club records”, rather than “look at this, my possible future employees, I’m running the show at this age and you won’t have to pay the transfer fee for me in a year’s time”.

I really hope that the club pull out their finger and sit down with his, Van Dijk’s and TAA’s representatives as soon as possible. The former two are slowing down a bit but are taking good care of their bodies and can probably go strong for another couple of years, while Trent is Trent. If even one of them leaves on a free next season, serious questions will have to be asked of the people in charge.

Impossible question but for a bit of fun, where does Mo rank amongst our all time best players?

I think he has to be in top 5 and possibly fighting for 3rd.

Top 3 with Daglish & Gerrard, that I have seen

1 Like

Dalglish
Gerrard
Souness
Suarez
Salah

In my time supporting.

Probably just about pips Moreno and Heskey to sneak into the top 200.

2 Likes