Mohamed SALAH: 2024/25

I do think Souness gets slept on in conversations like this. He came to an already successful side but one that needed a boost. With huge shoes to fill from day 1 he was immediately among the team’s best players in the most successful period we ever had winning 5 titles and 3 European cups in his 7 years, in which he was captain for the last 3.

4 Likes

Dalglish
Souness
Rush
Salah

I don’t want this to come off as if I don’t want Salah to stay but we’ve seen him start seasons on fire before, hit a wall around January - February and have people asking if he should be sold by May.

He’s 32 and he’s by far the highest paid player. It’s not difficult to see why Edwards/Hughes might be having second thoughts and after what happened with Henderson’s new contract, I’d give them the benefit of the doubt.

1 Like

Suarez was the best footballer I’ve ever seen in my visits to Anfield. But Salah for his consistency for 8 seasons has to make it higher on the list IMO

1 Like

Idiots asking.

He’s been our top scorer 7 years in a row.

4 Likes

It has been remarked on to be fair.

He does looking the sharpest he has for some years. If he knocked the international game on its head then I would be inclined to offer him an improved contract considering the rest has done him well.

I’d substitute Keegan for Suarez. Both clearly brilliant players but Keegan was with the club longer. He did alright.

2 Likes

Souness a favourite of mine too, Saurez wasn’t here long enough, if he was he would be right up there, he was/is special, and would have been unstoppable in our recent teams

2 Likes

Even though his numbers were good last season his overall game was, for me, poor.

He has been exceptional so far this season and hopefully he stays fresh with Chiesa taking up some of his minutes

1 Like

I listed randomly tbh

2 Likes

Yup, without these three, we will be a different team. We should really enjoy these three before their stay with us comes to an end, hopefully as far away from now as possible.

2 Likes

Look at my post a bit higher. In terms of goals and assists average, he’s at the very top. Above Fowler, above Liddell, above Rush, above everyone else.

2 Likes

King Kenny
Gerrard
Mo

2 Likes

King Kenny and Gerrard don’t come close to Mo in terms of the above-mentioned numbers.

That being said, I know that there are other components making a player great. But our Egyptian king is also excellent in all of them imo. He has no real weak spot and is just pure all-round quality.

Thinking about it, the only thing with him is that he isn’t home-grown, and not from the British Isles. That makes him maybe less great than the others? :wink:

3 Likes

To be fair, it actually makes him more special in my eyes. Alexander-Arnold has a reason to love the club so much, he’s literally grown up with it.

Salah is a foreigner who came in and has given his all, and quite clearly wants to stay here and be a legend, rather than chase money. Not just a legend in terms of his record, but also in how he leads by example and pursues those high standards not just in himself, but quite clearly through pushing the younger players.

1 Like

Its not all about numbers.

Gerrard played in some utter shit LFC teams and dragged us to CLs etc.
King Kenny came in and took us to another level and his partnership with Rush was amazing.
Mo has exceeded anyone’s expectations -if he delivered half of what he has he’d still have done more than well.

Theres not much between them but these are my top 3

1 Like

Not only his excellence but his humility, character, work ethic, how he has embraced the city while coming from a totally different culture. Probably done more to break down Muslim stereotypes than anyone else

3 Likes

How old are you?

No one knows. So ancient, he’s probably forgotten.