Mohamed SALAH: 2024/25

Yep

131 for Portugal
450 for Real Madrid
145 for Manchester United,
101 for Juventus
five for Sporting CP
68 Al-Nassr

Yeah so that doesnā€™t really count towards the stats. Iā€™m not saying that Salah will or wonā€™t be able to sustain his performance levels, but we still need to be concerned nonetheless.

Concerned that Salahā€™s productivity wains in the next 2-3 years?

Iā€™m pretty relaxed about this - I canā€™t see him falling off a cliff, heā€™s not some ego-maniac that puts himself before everything/one else and is willing to not do the hard graft (like Ronaldo). The intensity/effort Mo puts in means he will likely continue to be a key player for the club even if he slows in terms of pace. Not sure I see Mo still here come the start of 2026/27, when he will be 34.

Ronnie left United at 37 years old to go bang goals in in Saudi.

4 Likes

Mo Salah didnā€™t make to the top 30 of the Ballon dā€™Or voting but Ruben Dias and Declan Rice did.

Why do I feel that if he were European or Latin American, he wouldnā€™t be consistently snubbed.

7 Likes

The comparator is all the forwards in the list with less goals and assists than Mo and no trophies :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Donā€™t think we have to compare him to Ronaldo. Salah is a machine, but theyā€™re also different. Salah would probably prefer staying more on the right side, while Ronaldo in the last years became more of a central striker where teams have to adapt defensively how they defend with other 9 outfield players. I totally understand if Mo is in absolutely no rush to go to Saudi yet and wants a few more years of top European level. Thatā€™s not surprising to me.

2 Likes

https://x.com/RamyCol/status/1834326528337084764?t=M9_mtDuNvWhTkxRll989Xw&s=19

Ramy has spoken. No one knows anything. Trust no media sources.

3 Likes

And donā€™t repost Twitter shite

3 Likes

Why is there an assumption that Salah wants to go to Saudi Arabia at all?

Probably not the best environment for raising young daughters.

2 Likes

Itā€™s just lazy assumptions.

There are reasons why they would want him, such as his being the highest-profile Arab in football, and his amazing fitness which means he ought to still be able to dazzle audiences.

There are also rea$on$ why the people who speculate that he might want to go there would go there for themselves, such as money, the expatriate lifestyle, or invented reasons such as ā€œbecause itā€™s a Muslim countryā€.

Most of which ignores the specifics of Mohamed Salah being an ultra-competitive sportsman who likes to post pictures of his family with a Christmas tree having most of his income come from image rights (based on reporting around the most recent contract he signed) rather than his income. The latter factor in particular Iā€™m guessing will see a significant hit if he moves to the football backwaters of Saudi Arabia. Also, not all Muslims subscribe to Wahabism and the ultra-conservative strand of Islam it promotes.

2 Likes

I also suspect that Hendoā€™s failed experiment might have frightened one or two at the club from following his exampleā€¦

But how are Fabinho, Firmino, and ManƩ doing?

Apparently Coutinho has flopped so badly he couldnā€™t even cut it in Qatar and has now gone back to Brazil.

2 Likes

I disagree.
I think heā€™s looked weaker and less sharp this season.
Sure heā€™s done well with some crosses when heā€™s come deeper but he isnā€™t the explosive Mo anymore. Unfortunately think itā€™s age and can see why the contract hasnā€™t been forthcoming. Iā€™d love to see us buy another ~2018 Mo as I donā€™t think we can expect future Mo to still be doing the business.
Might be easier to buy a time machine, mind.

Huh? He was outstanding for the first 3 league games and good in CL. Was involved yday and got an assist. The only weak game was Forest when the entire team were poor

3 Likes

Missed the Meelan game but what Iā€™ve seen of him in each league game makes me feel heā€™s not at the level he was.

His game has changed. I donā€™t think that today he scores that goal he did against Utd in 2020, but his game smarts are very under rated and so he is still able to be devastatingly effective and at the heart of a lot of the good stuff we do.

5 Likes

Fabinho opened a watch business on eBay.

Other than that no one really knows, they seem to have good stats but only about 20 people watch it.

1 Like

Yeah he was the best player in the world by far for a couple of years, even if not recognised by others. He wonā€™t reach that level again but heā€™s still one of the best in PL, and our best chance of creating or scoring

3 Likes

Reiterating that heā€™s been poor this season. I think heā€™ll be let go this summer; guessing the testing has shown heā€™s lost that top 2% edge and itā€™s now becoming increasingly clear on the pitch. Wonder if Chiesa will start being phased in as a sub for him once heā€™s ready and starting ahead of him by the back end of the season.