Mohamed SALAH: 2024/25

I liked his passing ideas against Bologna, especially in the first half, but a lot of those passes were poor in execution. I don’t know if a player can improve that at his age but I also didn’t know that he had those passes in him, especially the cross for Mac Allister’s goal.

My eyes have seen 6 goals and 5 assists already. And he has a brilliant record against the top teams.
Yes he misplaces some passes but he’s still by far our best chance of goals

3 Likes

Last night he had a lot of attempts to pass to his other team mates (not always best positioned: Nunez, I’m looking at you). At times, some of them were rushed. Also right footed. Give yourself a little moment to execute a better pass, when the situation allows. Especially when there’s time and space, which there was.

[quote=“WeeJoe, post:122, topic:4374, full:true”]
My eyes have seen 6 goals and 5 assists already. And he has a brilliant record against the top teams.[/quote]

He will move, or retire at some point.
And we cannot possibly replace him, like for like…
He cannot do everything he used to, thats ok.
He still does enough in my book. As @WeeJoe points out…11 goal involvements so far this season.
We would be salivating over those figures if he was a young striker or winger linked with us

1 Like

Also last night we’d have scored zero goals without him

1 Like

@Zoran is not entirely wrong though, and between what the two of you have said, if he can improve those passes, then you have an idea of what a 36-year-old Salah could play like. I doubt we’ll keep him around that long though I’d like to think there’s a world in which he accepts reduced playing time and pay for more leadership responsibilities Milner-style.

3 Likes

I didn’t say he wasn’t our best chance of goals, but he is quite a bit off the level he was and it shows in his overall performances. Its not just about scoring one against the top teams, we, and I include all our forwards need to take our chances, as the top tier teams also have quality to score against us and Mo’s quality of shooting on the whole has been poor.

1 Like

Lol, who knows we may have scored more

The only issue I see is that we do need to manage his minutes and also sub him when he is playing poorly, a few games he has been really off it and has still stayed on.

Best thing about today was the goal he scored had some decent pace on it, and knowing Mo, it will have been something he would have been working on.

1 Like

I’m wondering if we’ve been leaving him on because the games were mostly in our favour by that point and we just want him to have more time in the system… But also I guess it’s a question of Chiesa’s readiness.

1 Like

I know this is a bit out there, I would even consider Bradley as a option, especially with Jota and Darwin up front who thrive on crosses in behind the defence

14 Likes

Mo is a car burglar stealing to order for the British Museum? No wonder he’s looked off the pace/lacking power - fella’s probably had no sleep and his adrenaline is shot to pieces.

1 Like

https://x.com/AnythingLFC_/status/1845062605783576852

5 Likes

Good news if you see the reasons.

Credit to the coach of Egypt on this one. Knows they will qualify.

2 Likes

Virgil released from Netherlands camp as well

3 Likes

https://x.com/Squawka/status/1848046159903732143

5 Likes

If he passes Lampard by the end of the season we will have won the league

8 Likes

Fat Frank at number 6 - Hope he overtakes him

1 Like