Moises Caicedo (DM/CM/RB) Brighton and Hove Albion

maybe this isnt over…

https://twitter.com/JacobSteinberg/status/1689891521196146688?s=20

Confused, excited, hopeful, regretful for what could have been. These are complicated emotions and I’m not ready to say any more at this time until I’ve have time to process.

Thanks.

1 Like

And Gary be like “Oh fuck! I didn’t think Jürgen had the dosh or would actually listen! I’ve just helped massively upgrade the enemy!!”

Over 200mp spent this summer if this deal goes through.Would this be our biggest spend ever?Really sends a message .

That Enciso lad looks like he’s going to become some player!

2 Likes

Message being “club for sale”?

Any update on the medical?

Good News Yes GIF by Bounce

Once the price is right the club is always for sale.FSG didn’t buy us because they love football.

2 Likes

I think a big factor was seeing Brighton hold fast against Chelsea when the player really want them. Probably meant the player by the end faced a realistic choice of us or staying where he was.

I’m still surprised we went for him and not Lavia or someone like Kone for a much lower fee. Does the deal perhaps indicate that their werent as many good options in the market as some of us thought heading into the window?

As we’re not Chelsea, we may have more flexible terms in the deal.

I feel sorry for Lavia but am sure he will get a good move. I just hope we dont regret missing out on him.

1 Like

Live scenes of doctor being woken up for the medical

Tired Wake Up GIF by Apple TV

The terms of the Lavia move might be the sticking point with us not getting him. I imagine Southampton would have wanted a big chunk of that money upfront whereas with Brighton , the terms are structured in a more staggered manner.

If the terms proposed by Southampton were more easy with respect to the payment schedules , Lavia would have been in another club by now.

Problem with FSG is the speed of their transfers. I don’t get to enjoy the extended debate of will he, wont he.

Removes all the drama. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

3 Likes

Is Poly Verisof slated to perform the rites of initiation?

1 Like

There’s one thing I won’t mind now. After Caicedo. I know loans have often been bad for the club. But get a CB on loan for a season with an option to buy the next.

Get both and then I don’t have to pick :joy:

Caicedo is more ready to start immediately so given where we are as a squad then he probably makes more sense.

3 Likes

Obviously the roles they play are a bit different; Rice had more licence to get firward than Caicedo but heres a comparison of the two 100mil+ mids.

1 Like

Loans are usually for players that are either inexperienced or unwanted at their current club. I don’t think this is what we would be looking for.

1 Like

Who will be the new Lovren??

1 Like

Now he did.

https://twitter.com/markgoldbridge/status/1689905061588013056?s=20

2 Likes