Moises Caicedo (DM/CM/RB) Brighton and Hove Albion

It seems pretty clear that Chelsea and/or the player’s agents have been running a press to try to induce LFC into withdrawing the bid. One way or another, he is not going back to Brighton.

4 Likes

Seems that is that to be fair.

Unless Brighton tell them to do one.

hence why I’ve said we should not withdraw the bid, even if we are moving on with Lavia etc

2 Likes

never seen Draft Day?

1 Like

For the guys wishing that we pull out and sign Lavia etc. - While that would be fun, signing Caicedo instantly makes us title contenders. He’s THAT good, and along with Mac/Szob, we’d have one of the best midfields in the league, along with one of the best forward lines. Yeah, we could use a CB and some RB cover, but signing Caicedo would go a long way in helping our defensive frailties, too.

Even if it’s just a 2-year rental then flog him off to Real for 150M, it’s still worth it to snatch another league title and maybe CL (next season, obv).

6 Likes

… are you suggesting Phillips the destroyer isn’t a CB … ? :crazy_face:

I still want them both.

2 Likes

One of the best bad movies around, love that film

4 Likes

way way better than draft day this…This is about billionaire ego’s, agents etc. the whole fuckin shabang

I thought the same thing. We are title contenders with this guy.

1 Like

Nothing is guaranteed. The way I see it - Lavia is worth 25 million and Caicedo 50 million. With Caicedo we are paying 60 million over the odds even in this inflated market. If Lavia becomes a hit he is worth 100 million easy as he is only 19 now!!! The way Caicedo is digging his heels for a Chelsea move the more i don’t want him here. I hope we withdraw and buy Lavia and Inacio. With Inacio we can also play 3 at the back!!

Chelsea don’t have that money to spend.

They wont be offering up Colwill. He is one of only 3 fit CBs they have right now. Of the other 2, one is 38 years old and the other arrived only last week. They might try to include Challobah, but I dont imagine Brighton will be interested, and not at the valuation they are seeing for him elsewhere.

1 Like

Obviously this is ideal, plus a new CB, but that would take our net spend to potentially over 300M this summer, not sure that’s sustainable.

I worry about a situation where it goes tits-up and we don’t qualify for CL again and are stuck in mediocrity for a few years because we’ve no money to spend.

All of that said, If we got in Caicedo and Lavia, we could use the next couple of seasons to have Lavia continue his growth in the squad while we use up Caicedo then sell him off to the highest bidder, have Lavia step into the role and we go on a 10-year run of multiple titles and cups…

randy marsh masturbating GIF by South Park

We are probably waiting to see if they can put together a higher bid. Wonder how much time are we willing to wait.

This one takes the cake… :joy:

Like I said , the only player Chelsea have which Brighton be interested in having is colwill.

They don’t have enough leeway to match Liverpool’s offer

Also Brighton would like to know.

There hasn’t been anything to say they would entertain it and I assume would like to keep it cordial with us.

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/1690012666088079360

Is that a jizz thing?