More important than football

I was always proud of Liverpool football club and it’s supporters in it’s ability to know and understand that football is still only a sport and entertainment, and there are still things more important than that.

I am appauled by the Premier league and the clubs announcement in regards to the masacre Hamas has performed against civilians, woman and children. The world should call in a clear and loud voice, this is wrong !!!

This is not a political post, this is simply about a supporters demanding more.

What announcement has the club made?

There’s nothing on the official website and I don’t use social media.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1712506382031733181

It’s nothing to do with LFC mate.

3 Likes

There’s almost no way this isn’t political, and it has absolutely nothing to do with football or LFC.

4 Likes

Indeed, lest they virtue signal.

If it had nothing to do with football or LFC the league and the club would not be doing or saying anything.

I mean it doesn’t have anything to do with football. Nowadays people demand that everyone make some kind of statement though, which is fine, but the outrage people have at the lack of a statement or gesture about stuff like this is so pointless and stupid. In my opinion, obviously.

2 Likes

Which part of that statement are you appalled by?

3 Likes

The appalling part, obviously…

1 Like

This is what football has become. It’s been hijacked by all and sundry as a means to get their point across.
It all ends up in a Jordan Henderson shaped shitshow.

1 Like

Quite a strange shape for a shitshow to be fair.

2 Likes

Hence the title of the thread.

Fuck Israel

3 Likes

Where’s the statement in support of innocent palastinians (and made every day)? … or aren’t there any innocent palastinians only Israelians?)
World is fucked up!

5 Likes

The OP seems to think that Israeli lives have more value than those of Palestinians. Now that is appalling.

What is it that @shachart2 wants more of?

4 Likes

Let’s not kick off in here please. It’s upsetting enough what is happening in that region.There is the right thread to discuss all things related to that conflict. Mods?

To lighten things up…this is the appalling part of the club’s statement “Premier League fixtures at home to Everton.” It’s appalling that Everton is still in the PL.

I don’t want to discuss it. I’ll just make imbalanced statesments to imbalanced statements as I feel fit!
There is nothing to discuss it’s fucked up shit there’s fucked up statements and bans coming left, right and center. I’m not even talking about ‘this’ ‘conflit’ just the whole lot.
Just makes me think about stories about rats!

1 Like

@moderators We have the Middle East thread to discuss the ongoing violence and atrocities, by both sides. Please lock this thread or merge it with the Middle East thread.

3 Likes

Fuck Hamas

2 Likes