Most disliked pundit

Spitty should never have been allowed back on TV.

McManaman thinks he is just so cool. Stupid hair cut. About time he got rid of that white suit too. It’s looking a bit threadbare now :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

The correct answer is Richard Keys and Andy Grey. Shit at their jobs, and deeply unpleasant men away from it. Keys especially is the kind of man you’d very deeply concerned if you saw him chatting to your teenage daughter.

7 Likes

This is unquestionably the case today, but it is not too hard to remember, how revolutionary and refreshing their coverage was back in the 90s. They are a great example of 1) overstaying their welcome, as everything becomes old and dated eventually, and 2) the corrupting influence of whatever the fuck they thought they had from their sky gig. I think they came to think they were the product and developed egos commensurate with that…like Jamie Redknapp was going to be thrilled at the chance to work with such interesting and talented people.

2 Likes

Isnt Keys shagging his daughters best mate while his wife is having cancer treatment. Classy guy.

All of a sudden Sky seem to deem gabby agbonlahor views as important. This is the guy who after VVDs mistake at the weekend put a tweet saying that VVD cant be mentioned in same breath as Rio or Terry (as if they never made a mistake) but the funniest part was a reply from a villa fan who said “or Melberg either” haha.

3 Likes

nicol said thiago would make sense for us because we could play him in the league cup, he’s something else

3 Likes

Really used to dislike Ian Wright and routine when he did England games but he is pretty good nowadays, he knows when to temper his bias which some don’t.

Ally McCoist I really like which is really odd, Murphy and Jenas are just really bad. In fact Jenas is the worst.

Ferdinand can be overly bias but doesn’t hide it and will praise us when due.

Hoddle during the cup final was the worst thing I’ve listened to, he needs to understand that both teams were English.

Some I can tolerate but are woeful are people like Keown, have to say Alan Smith isn’t too bad.

4 Likes

No one will agree with this but I don’t think Tyler is biased against us. If you go on Redcafe they say the same thing about him there. I think he’s just too old to be a commentator any more and most of the time he sounds half asleep. He did a great bit of commentary when Salah scored that brilliant goal against Chelsea at Anfield season before last though. I had it as my ringtone for a while, ‘Salaaaaaaaaaaaah, astonishing! Like an arrow into the bullseye of the top corner!!’ That goal was a wow moment and his reaction captured it perfectly.

Talking of commentators who went on too long I always hated John Motson. That annoying little half-chuckle in every other sentence and his pre-scripted ‘ad-libs’ like ‘the crazy gang have beaten the culture club!’ when Wimbledon beat us in 88. Oh do fuck off you cunt.

Most annoying pundit right now is Micah Richards. Can’t stand him. He was on Match of the Day the night we won the title. Squirming and pulling funny faces when it was his turn to say something nice about us. Cunt. Football punditry is a form of entertainment and not really to be taken seriously. The only people who know anything about the game are the top managers like Mourinho and Wenger, who were both worth listening to but the only thing you’re going to learn from the likes of Garth Crooks is that it is actually possible for a human being to survive without having a brain.

7 Likes

The one black mark against Ian Wright is his employment with a certain newspaper.

I can’t help but like him otherwise though, sometimes I forget he doesn’t support us. He is always incredibly positive about Liverpool and tips us to win everything.

Oh, and a new one on the horizon - not only did Agbonlahor call Van Dijk arrogant and overrated, he also compared Grealish to a ‘prime Iniesta’. Another footballer who did too much heading practice as a kid.

5 Likes

I agree. I look at quite a few fan forums and he gets generally panned. So either he is not a great commentator or he is equally biased against all teams. Anyway it is ridiculous to say he is only biased against us…I remember his commentary on that Salah goal too.

Anthony Taylor gets slaughtered on all those forums too including both Manchester ones…

BTW…I haven’t worked out how to use the smiley faces or I would have included a couple. They are greyed out for some reason.

1 Like

I can’t even recall him doing anything worthwhile outside FIFA 10. :joy:

Can’t stand hoddle he still thinks it’s the 80’s and not just his punditry the way he dresses too.

1 Like

And what’s wrong with that? I do, too.

1 Like

Why you still think it’s the 80’s? :joy:

I can’t do with Carragher as a pundit or commentator. In trying not to come over biased he spouts some total drivel.

3 Likes

I think with Tyler is if he finds a stat that stands out he will bury it into every conversation, Alan Green was always suggested as being against Man Utd but others thought the same about his attitude towards us.

I don’t think it’s bias, he is just pretty shit and with no atmosphere it highlights how bad he is, surprised Sky haven’t cleared him out considering they did it with the Cricket.

But I agree on former managers and current ones the best managers are always worth listening too when they end up doing punditry, what I’ve heard of Wenger seems very clued up and Apparently Klopp was up for an award for his World Cup coverage.

Be interesting to hear some of the better managers on TV here.

Goalkeeping pundits are dross, though punditry on goalkeeping is dross, Freidal was pretty good but Kasper’s dad and Schwarzer aren’t much cop.

Apologies for the spelling on the names.

1 Like

Because Liverpool are winning everything in sight again.

1 Like

I like it. :wave:t2:

All of this. The absolute worst, the pair of them. And Andy Grey can’t seem to keep it in his pants. He was married but still trying to bed down all those lovely young ladies that work at Sky. Awful character.

1 Like

Andy Gray for obvious reasons

Any one of the wankers on champions league coverage in the United States for bleacher report the past couple of seasons. Steve Nash, Warren Barton, Stu Holden

And fucking Jim Beglin. Every time I listen to him he is trying to shit on Liverpool

3 Likes

God I dislike those two with a passion particularly the former loathsome git

3 Likes