Naby KEITA: 2020/21

I don’t think you can point at anyone in the team being worse than the other… Systematically, tactically, we were man for man dogshit.

2 Likes

Great fit on the left side of the 3 (with mane playing since he contributes so much defensively. Jota will learn). Not sold on the defensive duties on the right side with Trent bombing and salah essentially playing as a RF. Our RCM in our 3 is a pretty selfless job, one that is done very well by our selfless captain. Naby isn’t that. Don’t think he’s a flop. We will appreciate him more as we continue to learn to play against the low block teams.

2 Likes

Yes, he needs to be on the left of midfield ideally. I think Keita - Thiago - Henderson will be our strongest midfield three over the course of the season.

5 Likes

I think it will take a lot more to displace Gini, regardless of him being possibly in his last season and able to negotiate a summer deal from January onwards. The season is long of course, it will be hard, there will be injuries. Someone like Thiago maybe won’t be able to play the minutes Gini can, hence why they’re also different types of players. But for me Keita still needs to show more if he wants to be a starter when they’re all fit and in form. We’ll see, we haven’t seen that yet so far this season and it’s only the start.

4 Likes

disagree with the gini bit, largely because i don’t think he can pull it off. he’s got to give us more in the final third than gini does to make it here imo

Gini has been one player some have underrated so his skills are often overlooked imo,great at guarding and holding players off the ball and he doesn’t complicate things or ever get flustered,always going to be difficult to come in and replicate what he does.

2 Likes
1 Like

How wonderful :rage:

I wonder how many of our players will return with this freaking virus.

Didn’t see that coming. :unamused:

What a fucking surprise.

Oh well…

This federation is apparently a bunch of complete numpties. They already fucked around with Naby’s health previously by playing him too early after an injury, and now this… if I was Klopp, I’d have a serious talk with Naby about his commitment towards that joke of a national team.

If I was Naby, I’d retire from international football. It’s really not worth it sacrificing your health for people who don’t value it.

6 Likes

Tbh, it’s now at the stage where the club would be entitled to withhold releasing Naby for international fixtures on medical grounds.

4 Likes

‘Liverpool were not required to release Keita for the break due to Guinea only holding friendlies’

Read this in the article. Club has to really have think about letting players go unnecessarily. Was a pretty stupid thing to do to be completely honest. Naby may have gotten infected at some point anyway but the circumstances for this outcome was completely avoidable.

8 Likes

Ideally, all of our players would pack in internationals, but I don’t fancy the optics of refusing to “release” anybody, even if their respective associations have been reckless in the past. The decision should be Naby’s.

1 Like

Yeh, but it’s Lusby so is, as usual, wrong.

Clubs are required to release players even for friendlies, providing they are played within the dates set for internationals in the coordinated match calendar, which these friendlies are.

The only exception to that introduced this year was if the players would then have to quarantine for more than five days.

Edited to add…

The full paragraph from Lusby’s article reads as follows,

Liverpool were not required to release Keita for the break due to Guinea only holding friendlies, and while they should perhaps shoulder some of the responsibility if true, they could not have expected their player to be put at risk.”

This actually made me laugh. It’s his claim, in his article, that he’s saying might not be true. Fuck me. Lusby actually gets paid to write shit like this. For the avoidance of doubt, it’s not true.

6 Likes

There will unfortunately likely be several such problems with federations from poor banana republics. Their support apparatus is not on a professional level at all.

Careful how we frame this

Baby might have been the one with the virus on the first place

1 Like

Yep,we mustn’t throw the Naby out with the bathwater.

4 Likes

Maybe it is just me… I think Naby needs to wake the **** up and realise what a fantastic opportunity he has been given in not only playing for LFC… but more so under the tutelage of Jurgen and his backroom staff to make him the best he could ever be…!!
He has been here long enough now; the English language excuse has worn very thin; and he is in serious risk of not only letting down Jurgen and the faith that was shown in him, but the least he can do is start filling any loyal fans he has to his cause… with more optimism.
When are we actually going to see his potential come to the fore…? He is not an academy player…
Instead of this damp squib of a return he has offered both on the pitch and decision making events off it…! It is as though he has no ambition to be the best… he is settling for coming to LFC, end of!
Can anyone honestly say this guy has been totally reliable in his personal efforts to provide LFC with the player we expected… Like I mentioned earlier… and in my opinion, he needs to wake the **** up once and for all…!