Anyway…

8 Likes

Get him a case of Red Bull.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Nabbyyy laaad… why you no fight against covid… I sell youuuuuu

2 Likes
10 Likes

What’s going on with Naby? Has he picked up an injury while out with Covid, or has he maybe developed a more problematic case than Thiago and Mane did?

Think Klopp was afraid of another injury and not being able to react and that’s why he did not bring him on.

1 Like

Think it was more due to the fact we were playing a double pivot. The match was really difficult and intense for both sides. We obviously prepared and opted to play this formation, leaving our forwards to go and win the game.

5 Likes

Yeah it seemed tactical. We didn’t make the third change, did we? In hindsight this game needed him, but it could have gone either way with him you never know. Midfield was the key and maybe Klopp was waiting for us to shut shop after scoring one and have held the final sub.

1 Like

Started and scored for Guinea today.

Let’s hope that he doesn’t return from international duty injured… again.

5 Likes

Or with a disease!

2 Likes

He probably, or hopefully, has still some antibodies. Not that long since he had corona, so unlikely he will bring that home. But considering our injury luck so far, he probably brings home ebola instead !

7 Likes

Thought he was just about our best player until he had to come off. Brilliant in both directions. Shame that he often picks up a niggle whenever he looks like he might go on to gel more than 2-3 good performances in a row.

2 Likes

Im no encyclopedia like some on here, but surely Keita did not come to the club with a history of niggling injuries?

1 Like

If I remember correctly, he had two hamstring injuries at Leipzig around the time Liverpool were about to buy him but nothing serious. It seems now that his muscles aren’t exactly built for the rigours of being handled by the inept staff of his national team and Klopp’s pressing. I read on Twitter that he played two full matches during the international break after barely featuring for Liverpool in prior weeks.

I can’t get over the fact that two midfielder I wanted so much in this team are so prone to injuries. I guess that someone has to carry the torch lit by Kewell and passed on by Sturridge and Lallana.

1 Like

Thanks mate, raise your amp mid freq level a notch on me! :wink:

1 Like

I’m actually playing on an entry-level bass amp and having been looking to buy a semi-proper one for weeks - but I’ll take this discussion to THE thread. :wink:

1 Like

man like you needs an ampeg!

He was not particularly injury prone before Liverpool, had some but nothing like AOC in that sense. Maybe its luck, maybe its the higher intensity of this league and what we demand of our players especially the midfielders. Its frustrating for us and the club and perhaps most of all, Keita himself. Maybe some players just get injured more easily, like when I saw the tackle by Justin on Milner last night, Milner was ok but I was thinking if it was Keita or Thiago, maybe they would have pick up a knock. We will never know, the club can only prepare the player as much but sometimes luck plays a huge part

1 Like

After Sturridge, Lallana and Ox we should know that injuries are like a vortex or vicious circle.

The more injuries the more prone a player gets.
The more injuries the longer it takes players to heal from any injuries.

Remember when Klopp said ‘Ox will miss rest of preseason with a similar injury like Hendo’. Hendo was supposed to be out for two months but returned earlier. Ox was out for four months.