Ex-player: Naby KEITA

Five years later , and we still remember that as the high point of his Liverpool career. :open_mouth:

I am curious on where will he go nextā€¦

The thing that convinced me this guy was not worth the sympathy vote any longer, and wasnā€™t worth keeping in the ranks, was this Hollywood shot he attempted in the CL final, when we desperately needed to grab a goalā€¦ He scores this and we go on to win the gameā€¦ Just how many different ways could he have taken that ball
in preparation for getting a shot at least on targetā€¦ I felt he was more interested in going for the spectacular, as though all his frustrations of being crap over the seasons was summed up in that exact moment, he was going to restore the balance with a worldie. Hoping to boost his reputation no doubt, rather than putting LFC and the fans firstā€¦ and more importantly, repaying Jurgen, the guy that showed enough faith in him to put him on the world stage.
Not particularly interested if anyone wants to defend this guyā€™s corner, donā€™t really want to waste another minute of my life where this guy is concerned, justifying my very low opinion of him.
It is a forum, stuff like this gets discussed, but I really do have little interest in this thread anymore. I now close the book on this guy. Looking back to day one, Iā€™ve never felt there was ever any positive energy he brought to the club. - Get rid asap

Think stuff like this says more a lot about the person posting it really, than it does the player.

You have absolutely no idea whatā€™s going on in his mind.

4 Likes

There was no other way to hit that with his right foot without taking a touch because he was cramped for room. He just got the technique wrong.

Anyone who has ever played football and has tried to hit it with the outside of the boot/that side of the laces has spooned the ball like that, very easily done.

7 Likes

Sadly didnā€™t happen and his body for whatever reason seems a bit fucked.

Hope he somehow can get fit at pastures new and have a decent twilight of a career, but have my doubts. I think he was stuck on the same thing as Matip and his ability to stay fit has improved while Keita has not.

84 games missed injured would have been more but 2020 lockdown saved him had a groin injury at the time.

You mean the lockdown happened so suddenly it caused him a groin injury

Not quite he was out injured with it by times gamrs restarted he was fit for a while.

Ranks up their with Aqua-man in terms of disappointment. Big fee and we had to then wait a year and he came very highly rated and should have taken out midfield to the next level (perhaps leading to reluctance to repeat with Bellingham?!). Aqua-man wasnā€™t as highly rated although his fee was also v large at the time especially considering Xabi leaving around the same time.

Seeing people showing top 5 reasons of why he got injuredā€¦.etc. kicking grass and airplane air conditioning. But how did he get injured on our pre match walk and miss 18 games :joy:??? I think itā€™s all mental with Naby. I remember in Gerrards book that Sturridge always thought he was injured even when he was not, I feel naby is similar

I guess they arenā€™t best mates then?

I used to play with someone like that. Always crying off with minor niggles. The best one was a boil on his arse that kept him out for two weeks.

Probably not. Read the book years ago so canā€™t remember the full story but I think he had to be convincing Daniel before games that he had no injury, I suppose when you do get plenty of injuries you stop trusting your body .

I remember a cup tie away to WHU and Klopp was going bring on Sturridge he came on and within 2 mins was on the sideline complaining which led to a change of boots and he kept feeling his leg throughout.

I do think it was a mental issue with Sturridge and it feels the same here. End of the day he cost a lot and didnā€™t make much of an impact and itā€™s a shame for both club and player.

I hope he gets it sorted.

My stream turned off after the game. Did he get much of a reception with Ox?

Iā€™m not sure how much of a mental issue it is when the player inevitably gets injured regardless. If anything, that only reinforces the perception they have of their own bodiesā€™ unreliability.

1 Like

I made the mistake of writing something positive about Naby on one of the Facebook LFC groups. Most replies are positive but a couple of idiots slagging anyone who says thanks to himā€¦one is borderline racist

1 Like

Naby is my biggest misjudgment of a player since Iā€™m here on I must admit.
From what Iā€™ve seen of him at Leipzig I thought he could be an outstanding holding midfielder.

1 Like

Nabyā€™s incredibly talented but I do think he quit mentally.

I donā€™t think the same is true of Sturridge and its disappointing that Gerrard would imply that. Having said that Gerrard absolutely loves his bog standard English managers and probably thought it was great when Roy Hodgson forced Sturridge to do sprints while carrying a ligament injury.

7 Likes