New European Super League

For most of my lifetime the soul of my club has been the local fans and watching many local players too. Sky changed all that of course and now the majority of the fans live in the likes of Baton Rouge and Penang. I have never really understood the concept of foreign fandom but hey ho.

Of course those fans are not so interested in playing games against the likes of Burnley and Fulham. They want to see us playing Inter and Real every week. I dare say many don’t have much affinity with Anfield either and would be just as happy wherever the venues are and particularly if in their own country.

It doesn’t shock me as I think a European League has been inevitable for some time. If we are allowed/forced to stay in the EPL then I fully expect we will see us play squad players with no incentive to win it.

6 Likes

No incentive to do anything, potter around this European Super League for years.

Occasional quarter final, Henry saying oh our aim is top four.

I’ll revisit it if they make a competition of it but I’ve said all I have to say on the two threads

Indeed let’s wait and see how the final thing will look like before passing judgement. I have no problem to surpass the dictatorship called the UEFA.

2 Likes

I’m happy to criticise it as it is, as I said it’s shite. It’s just passing control between mostly the same people they’ve just got different hats on.

As it looks now it looks shit, it actually makes the revamp of the CL look positive and I didn’t think that was even possible. Locks the best clubs in and they don’t even need to bother. Lose two to three games and they can probably take the season off.

As it stands it’s rubbish and I’m concerned they are going launch this in August, which suggests to me it’s format won’t change.

1 Like

Ok, I missed this news yesterday night, but now that I’m up to date, there can only be one conclusion: up in arms, lads!

The fans really need to react to this unacceptable news. I’m sure that at least 95% of fans (also those all over the world) don’t want this at all. Let’s be heard by whatever means!

1 Like

Anyone who has access to this article please, if possible, can you share, thanks

1 Like

Football was actually that way when the European Cup was just for the winners of the league. Nobody complained back then and yet everyone is waxing lyrical about how things were. People cherry picking, as usual.

2 Likes

Yeah but you can actually get relegated from the league, this one you can’t.

I really wonder what Klopp is thinking now. I think he must be pretty disgusted. What a shit season this has been for him and for any genuine LFC supporter, and now it continues with this obvious betrayal by the club owners.

4 Likes

If we hadnt the success of the last few years our inclusion wouldve been a joke like Spurs and Arsenal.
Spurs not won a league for over 60 years and we wouldve been nearing on 32 years. Its just about money.

2 Likes

not cool enough

bottom line is this… the big clubs could be making more money via their own streaming services especially with were the world is going now… the fa does not allow this all in the name of fair play… but city, chelsea and psg have shown us there is no financial fairplay in football. so why should we suffer. honestly we have to start looking out for ourselves and fuck self-serving sky sports and bt sports

2 Likes

John W Henry at Liverpool is expected to be confirmed as a vice chairman of the European Super League. #awlfc [

@JWTelegraph

]

“The owners of these clubs are seeing pound and dollar signs. At the moment, from being in the Champions League, they are making £50m-£70m a season. In this new competition they stand to make around £250m per season”. Sky Sports News reporter Kaveh Solhekol:

Me too I miss games like the 0-7 at Palace. :rofl:

1 Like

That’s only a threat if they did the PL would be finished.

2 Likes

I’m still waiting to see the downside of this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Something I don’t get is where do these Super League clubs believe this extra money is going to come from? Are TV companies and media corporations already in on this? Have they given assurances that the billions in prize money will available? If they have then they’ll look at bit stupid when people don’t pay the extortionate subscription costs.

1 Like

I’m sure I’m missing something here, how have the owners betrayed the club? If this is happening anyway (it is) would you rather be outside it on a point of principle?

2 Likes