New European Super League

I’m pretty sure all that would follow, Clattenberg would be a suitable ref appointment

Björn Kuipers would do, he was brilliant.

1 Like

He would have to be a mercenary it’s going be Clattenberg and it’s bound to have David Gill all over it as well.

Anyhow enjoy it you seem generally excited by something I find a disagrace.

1 Like

As I said in the other thread, I find it wrong, but I also do think change is needed.

FIFA/UEFA/FA etc. Have done nothing to stop country funded teams to succeed. They are inherently corrupt organisations, the irony is all 3 have been guilty of doing the same in their history i.e. creating new competitions for nothing other than greed.

I hope this fails, but by failing it is the catalyst for proper change in football.

9 Likes

As I said a proposal for an alternative European competition I’d be fine with, if it means the club effectively only plays in this season in season out nah.

3 Likes

I personally think a lot of this is posturing in order to get FIFA, UEFA, FA’s to wake up and actually listen to the clubs that make the competition a competition. The organizations are incredibly corrupt and authoritarian, and the removals of the Blatter/Platini’s was basically just skimming the scum from the pond.

9 Likes

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Leave the PL and the UCL alone.

Don’t need tinkering

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/GP05EDm9EB8

5 Likes

So it needs fixing then coz it really is clearly broken. At the moment you can go to every cup game in a run to a final but then have to enter a draw for a chance to go the final because we get less tickets allocated to the clubs even in bigger stadiums. Or like tonight, loads of fans still not allowed into the ground for FA Cup Semi, which is now held in Wembley for more money, played late in the evening as dictated by TV agreements and I’d you’ve only paid for the cheap BT app you still can’t watch it and have to pay for the more expensive one. Or the nonsense over the league Cup when we needed to play the club World Cup and the PL wouldn’t rearrange any more games so we could play the Cup game another time.

3 Likes

Hypocrit. His playing career was built off the benefits of the change to the Premier League and his broadcasting career has hugely benefitted from the PL and current format of the CL.

From the Beeb article:

In a separate statement, the Premier League said it condemned the proposal as it "attacks the principles of open competition and sporting merit which are at the heart" of domestic and European football.

The hypocrisy is staggering. Ferguson all but dictated to the refs for years while the refs, VAR and the lawmakers can’t find their arse from their elbow amid increasing resentment about their negative role in the game. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes
5 Likes

:roll_eyes: :frowning_face:. They are all a bunch of greedy selfish bees.

5 Likes
2 Likes

By the way if anyone was wondering why PSG (who would be the only French Team invited) haven’t joined yet;

2 Likes

That Gary Neville interview is SPOT FUCKING ON.

I am DISGUSTED that our club is involved in this.

Fucking Pathetic

6 Likes

They’re 51% fan owned it’d be difficult to accept the invite.

1 Like

Well Done Bayern, Dortmund and PSG.

3 Likes

So the answer is to bin it off and join a European Super League which will have exactly the same problems?