New European Super League

This club was built on principles that no longer matter it would seem

1 Like

Wonder if we will use our Pro Evolution Soccer name of Merseyside Reds when in Super League?

5 Likes

As noted by others the clubs most in need of this are the clubs who have contributed to the current sickness in football. Perez has made it clear that Real Madridā€™s finances are in such a perilous state that without this theyā€™d be fucked. Good. Let them be fucked. He talks about ā€œsaving footballā€ when actually he means ā€œsaving Real Madridā€. To equate the two is unbelievable arrogance.

Barcelona, Juventus, Tottenham, Arsenal, Unitedā€¦each of these clubs will be fucked. Liverpool would be able to ride it out, Atletico too maybe, the German clubs, and of course the petrodollar clubs of Chelsea, City and PSG.

But this should be allowed to happen. Let them get fucked and own the consequences of their ownership models. Let them be a lesson to everyone and maybe then those clubs will realise the importance of stringent and enforceable cost controls, from wages, to transfer fees, to ticket prices, to broadcasting subs, to agentsā€™ fees, to solidarity payments etc.

This only serves to save four or five clubs from their own shameful legacy of building unsustainable gilded carriages. They should be told to get fucked. Theyā€™re not impervious to financial ramifications and nothing gives them the right to assume that they represent the entire game of football. Itā€™s about time their ivory towers started to crumble. Far from helping them to Build Back Better, we should be giving them an extra shove.

14 Likes

Capitalism?

1 Like

If you like or not like what he said is not important. At least he is not in hiding in NYC like John Henry letting Klopp answer all the difficult questions.

3 Likes

That really was stratospherically shite. Klopp faces somebody elseā€™s music. Just wrong.

3 Likes

Hahaha

You know what I mean.

Oh they expected it 100%

They have probably commissioned a secret analysis, showing that the short term anger will die down and the long term (for their pocket) benefits will outweigh it all.

JP Morgan financing a huge amount, which means that they can take hits all over the place, then people will unfortunately follow the money.

What we know about FSG is that they take a ruthless American corporate style view. This is the masterplan.

1 Like

This. We have been absolutely well run club, doing the things right financially and suddenly all of these clubs who were bound to get fcked are getting a way out of it. I hope thatā€™s not the case and happy to be corrected if wrong, but thatā€™s what it looks to me.

This is exactly my point above.

Saving football???!?!!

Deadset gold, that one!

1 Like

Got a feeling FSG will hoodwink Kenny Dalglish to say things by falsely implying to him that itā€™s for the betterment of LFC.

Kenny would say No such thing I would bet my life on it

2 Likes

Agree with your analysis.

If FFP had any teeth, then the state of the game wouldnā€™t be as it is now. The rampant money and speculation going into it is just like the 2007/8 financial crises.

But just like the fat cats who were saved in 2008 and allowed to continue, this is the natural point we have reached with the ESL.

2 Likes

:clap:

5 Likes

From Sky:

CRACKS BEGIN TO EMERGE IN SUPER LEAGUE PLANS

Strong differences of opinion are emerging in private between the breakaway clubs, Sky Sports News understands.

Some of the executives involved believe they are being hung out to dry and are beginning to get cold feet. They are very nervous and disappointed about the way this has been handled.

One says: ā€œThis is not what we signed up for."

Some of the breakaway clubs were very bullish about setting up the ESL as soon as possible, while others saw it as an opportunity to sign up to something which they were willing to explore.

Some of the clubs now want the ringleaders to come out immediately to explain their plans. They were under the impression that there was going to be a controlled media policy and they are disappointed that this has not been the case. One executive says he is shocked and taken aback by the lack of an effective media strategy.

Managers of all the clubs concerned have privately expressed concerns that they have been put in the firing line. Managers and players had been kept totally in the dark.

Even some board members at the breakaway clubs were not aware of exactly what had been going on behind the scenes.

We asked one executive if clubs were close to pulling it: ā€œNo, not yet but the longer this goes on the harder it gets."

3 Likes

Iā€™d like to see something,a statement maybe,from those "Legacy players/managers/employees"who helped build this club.Those who are still with us do have a voice and should use it.We,ve heard from a few of them but what about the likes of Dalglish,Heighway,Hansen,Keegan,Gerrard,Rush,Thomson,Lee,Fowler and many more.
The fans voicing their opinion and disgust is big,a steady stream of former icons of the club,some of who are still ā€œambassadorsā€ with the club would be huge.

1 Like

If this dont happen the 6 involved from UK will be forever hated and embarrassed.

1 Like

Deafening silence form FSG

1 Like

But letā€™s not pretend that if Everton were established in the top four they wouldnā€™t be hung ho in favour of this.

9 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I like that! Cheeky bastardsā€¦

2 Likes