New European Super League

Not a chance in hell. Kenny’s thoughts on the matter would be very interesting though.

If this had broken on the 1st April, would have been an excellent large scale prank. Would probably have been better organised too. With a better logo :wink:

2 Likes

Come on, it’s so obvious who the main drivers are.

Tottenham, United, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, and AC Milan - these clubs desperately need this. Liverpool don’t but are most likely beguiled by the prospect of taking control of their own broadcasting rights, something FSG has been pushing for from the beginning. Utterly ashamed that we’re helping to enable this self-serving vanity project that brings the entire game into disrepute and makes us pariahs.

This is not us. This is not what the club stands for. At all.

2 Likes

Says it all. I don’t live near Burnley but I know where it is. This whole thing is sickening.

1 Like

Nothing new to be honest mind but yeah we threw away a lot of good will to those football fans who are football fans and generally enjoyed us doing over city.

It’s the club or FSG effectively, still slightly odd that Chelsea and Man City fully committed themselves to it. Spurs did it to pay off that stadium.

They’re all gonna use the excuse that it’s not us,we just didn’t want to be left behind.They are all responsible.
The clubs you mentioned need it because they are up to their eyeballs in debt.You can make a case for them doing this for that very reason,they need to pay the debt.We are in it to earn a profit,not to pay a debt,does that make us worse than the others.
I like what FSG have done for the club but i think this was their endgame,which maybe means they are the real instigators in all this,and as such maybe all the goodwill i/we have had for them is misplaced.
I have no problem with dislodging Uefa as the beneficaries of a huge amount of money in the european game but the esl as it is imagined in it’s current form is not the way to go.

4 Likes

Replacing UEFA with this is like replacing mature cheese with extra mature cheese, smells the same.

2 Likes

Tough love. It’s the way to go.

The Barca and Real strategies are in large part a product of the insanity of their ownership models. Where presidents have to make ever more outlandish, unreasonable promises to appease their rabid fanbases to get elected.

Maybe their fanbases need to see the end result of the insanity. Might be better for them in the long run.

3 Likes

The more I read today the more I want FSG to come out, tail between legs and back away…

9 Likes

I utterly detest the British media who completly ignore how Chelsea and City “broke” the cartel.

Infact I detest pretty much a lot of everything in the world…

8 Likes

I’d be surprised if this proposal lasts the week.

A European Super League that fans and players are against. An elite league without many of Europe’s biggest and most elite clubs, where is the interest coming from? Surely they can’t believe that teenagers who spend all their money buying Ultimate team packs on FIFA can sustain this idea.

It’s a total nonsense. A bad idea poorly executed in its current guise.

8 Likes

Seriously, this is actually now an opportunity for the club to regain some credibility. Be the first to publicly withdraw, don’t let fucking Chelsea or some other plastic club look like the white knights in this.

Get the fuck out, now.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Does anyone know if there is the same level of opposition amongst fans in Spain & Italy?

4 Likes
2 Likes

The more details that come out of this the more it’s looking like we were one of the main players behind the push for this.

Sickening

1 Like

I have a mate who is a real Madrid fan from Madrid and he says the Madrid fans “do not want it”

1 Like

Based on what?

Looks like it’s Perez and Agnelli…

Stop believing what the bias English media want you to believe. Why would Liverpool whose impact of covid is being written off by Red Bird need to absolve their debts via this? Surely the more suspect would be;

Real Madrid - £1bil in the red
Bara - £1bil in the red
Spurs - £150mil + in the red and sitting on govnt loans
Juve - £150mil in the red
Inter / AC Milan - Just happy to be relevant…

etc. etc.

4 Likes

how many different people do you need to hear it from though?

i mean, i understand your angle, but dont agree with it.

im not asking for anyone of a similar opinion to re explain it.

if you truely understand what we are concerned about but dont share the concern then thats one thing, and your right, but if you cant understand what we are concerned about, then take the time to reflect on it, and re read the various threads, its been set out in many different well explained posts.

1 Like