New European Super League

I think those who remove themselves will be given a reward payment, say if we decided to pull ourselves out then UEFA would find a spot for us next season.

Sadly I think Henry has dragged this club in as deep as it can be, rumours of the response of Hogan and the club officials is baffling especially considering they run the Red Sox.

They didn’t expect that the fan base would react like that?

Levy did the old “a good day to bury bad news” bit … and sacked jose! probably scared he’d ask for some transfer funds!

3 Likes
1 Like

Do the new fans even know AC Milan?

3 Likes

As things stand, it looks as though some clubs maybe having second thoughts after the huge negative reaction. It would only take 1 or 2 to leave for the whole thing to collapse. No one is going to want to be left to take the can.

do the new fans even know that you don’t get 3 points for kicking the ball over the crossbar??

1 Like

Henry is a calculating bastard. They are trying to weather through the maelstrom right now, and if all 12 don’t buckle, I bet they’d get to eat that pie they are dreaming about.

But as soon as one crumbles, the rest will come tumbling after. Just takes 1 to be frightened by what is going on, and everyone will shit the bed.

This is Henry’s second attempt to grab the reigns of power and have more control over the game after project big picture or whatever they called it.

When this all comes tumbling down, he’ll say the right things (again) but obviously it won’t really mean much. He’s going to try and leverage the pandemic and everyone’s horrible financial situation to his advantage again somehow. I wonder which team will be the first to blink. @Kopstar thinks we are close to the bottom of teams driving this, but I think we’re one of the ring leaders. It will be interesting to see.

4 Likes

Does even Gini Wijnaldum know this?

12 Likes

He does, hence he turns away as soon as he faces it.

5 Likes

I agree with you. I think we’re right at the heart of it.

I think FSG want this because it is a route to realising their ultimate ambition of controlling their own broadcasting rights. But ultimately, I don’t think we (as a club) need this unlike some of the others. In that sense I would argue strongly that it serves our competitive interests more by ensuring that those clubs that need this injection of cash don’t get it.

2 Likes

Best team on CM 01/02 mate.

PhwoaR!

6 Likes

I don’t disagree with that, we aren’t in same dire financial situation as some others (although we may be if we finish 5th and this doesn’t happen…)

But that doesn’t mean FSG isn’t looking at this and driving hard to stay the course to try and control European football in the future.

They are essentially making European ‘soccer’ follow the American sporting model.

1 Like

Shevchenko’s going to miss this one! :wink:

1 Like

Also it is starting to make sense to me now why we took what looked on paper a worse deal with Nike than we were getting with the previous supplier - if suddenly their are only 12 teams worth supporting for the ‘new future super fan’ or w/e its called… because the rest of football has fallen by the wayside … then it looks an extremely good deal!

Yes, saw them on Zlatan’s Insta

2 Likes

I always had a soft spot for Milan due to channel 4 football, that might be the last lineup I remember fondly

2 Likes

I’ll cue it up, just a minute…

This is what Gerrard said about a European Super League when it was mooted in 2018…

1 Like