New European Super League

Me and my mates are just chatting. Support Liverpool, United, and one Spurs fan. We are all from Ireland, I might just start going to them games again, tenner in and more community feeling. VAR and diving has pissed me off in recent years but the fact now fans don’t matter is just a big Fuck You to all fans of the club.

3 Likes

So we’re never going to add another Premiership title? Surely this can’t go ahead?

Hahahaha!!

2 Likes

God, what an insane day.

6 Likes

I’ll still watch and support. Clinging to the past and old institutions is silly. At the end of the day, professional sports is there to entertain the fans. If the market allows for this to be successful, then it’s because the fans are being entertained. Dry up, the lot of you.

4 Likes

18 games played in such surroundings as Fenway Park and some stadium in China, yay… sod off

4 Likes

Global brand mate. The world is getting smaller. Again - this is inevitable. If this falls apart it will just happen again further down the road. Embrace the change. Or don’t, I don’t give a shit.

1 Like

If this is to go ahead and the FA don’t ban/punish/suspend the 6 teams, how does this affect the games on a saturday or the ability of fans to go to the match or watch it on tv.

1 Like

After the #SuperLeague statement, this is the UEFA position: “Every club and player participating in the Super League could be banned from all UEFA and FIFA competitions, European or International level”. :rotating_light: #UEFA

1 Like

I don’t believe this, it’s just scaremongering isn’t it? Who would play for England then at the Euros?

Ridiculous

3 Likes

I’m not sure why the respective FAs would kick clubs out of their domestic leagues. Their revenue is significantly tied to the TV contracts that won’t be coming their way if the top clubs aren’t featured. Then what happens if those clubs say “fuck you, we’ll start our own domestic league that WE control.” Who do you think the TV partners will pay big money to feature?

They’ve fucked UEFA, they’ll fuck the FAs if they have to. And my guess is that will be coming next.

3 Likes

Pretty telling that “the market” is made up of fans and I doubt many of them are happy to see 100+ years of history at each of their respective clubs chucked in the bin so players can make £500k a week whilst billionaire owners get richer.

Enjoy it if you can.

7 Likes

they’re already doing that and we still watch them

5 Likes

Reminds me of the EU’s stance on BREXIT.

3 Likes

And yet none of them will stop watching their favorite clubs.

2 Likes

this was always bound to happen eventually with foreign ownership of clubs…THe FA and UEFA and FIFA have been fuckin up the game for a while now…ultimately it comes down to money like all things doesnt it

4 Likes

Choosing the wrong hill to die on here champ.

2 Likes
3 Likes

beautiful day isnt it!! lol

1 Like

How often do we play on a Saturday (outside COVID)?