Al-Sandcastle - the sportswashing barcodes

not gonna happen. they are in CL and we have royally fucked up this season letting them in.

Im sure someone posted that graph recently and they are bottom.

1 Like

Yep we can almost rule out Newcastle as an option of overtaking now. Its all down to United.

Well, and ourselves obviously.

Canā€™t stand Newcastle, and in particular I mean what the team has become under Saudi owners.

My guess is Eddie Howe will be fine for at least another season, as he is ahead of schedule. They would have had CL qualification as another step away, but first, letā€™s go for Europa and try to bloody a few noses along the way.

Weā€™ve been below par, so have Spurs, and Chelsea massively so, and so Newcastle have said thank you very much. Still a long shot that they wonā€™t finish top four, but itā€™s very unlikely, and we are probably looking to Man Utd to stumble now.

As for Newcastles style, I couldnā€™t agree more. They are a bunch of big grocks and play with a lot of snide and a lot of time wasting. When they turn it on that can be much more than that, but so far the way they are going about their business is achieving their aims.

At some point they will want more than Eddie Howe, and more style than what this team is, and there will be new managers to deliver that.

But for now Eddie Howe is ahead of schedule and he will have earned himself next season and a CL campaign, probably.

Edit:
I do not assume that Newcastle will qualify for the CL again, next season, assuming they do so this time.

Over the next several years they will get stronger and stronger, but they are not there yet, as a sure thing for CL.

Man City are probably the only team who is (ugh) unless the Prem takes them down. Beyond that, next seasons teams who will be hoping for one of the three remaining CL spots will probably be:

Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, Newcastle, Chelsea, Spurs.

Newcastle need more pedigree, better players, and a better manager to become top four fixtures. With the Saudi wealth they will probably get there, but it will take a while.

2 Likes

I think it suits the owners of Sandcastle to just keep a lid on things for the foreseeable futureā€¦ I mean what is the rush for them.
They have got a seat at the highest playing stakes tableā€¦ no-one can take it back.
Leave (inoffensive good guy, but limited) Howe there for another two or three years while the whole stink of who they are, and what they have done, goes away.
The fans have been starved of any type of success for so long now, what does it matter if it doesnā€™t happen overnightā€¦ they will be easily pleased, so long as the signs for the future look goodā€¦
At least they wonā€™t be fighting relegation on a regular basis any more

Yup, if they were to fall back one step next season there is a long term goal here for them.

Pretty sure the recruitment at Newcastle isnā€™t being made keeping in mind Eddie Howe as a manager. He might get his 2 to 3 desired signings but thereā€™s plenty being done by the guy they poached from Brighton so that they avoid the mistakes that city made when they started flashing the money around.

Their turnaround will be much quicker than Cityā€™s in that regard.

1 Like

Newcastle might even let the likes of Howe run down his contract without offering him an extension.

I believe he signed a three year deal and that is supposed to expire at 2024 anyway. Havenā€™t read any news on any extension.

It plays into their hands well. Lets them to wait for the right hire knowing that their team is good enough for Europa atleast the following season.

Howe would be happy enough with that because he would have rebuilt his reputation , enough for a team like Tottenham, Chelsea to take a punt on.

1 Like

Also thereā€™s a cultural difference between Saudis and UAE people. Saudis donā€™t need to flash their money the way UAE do to maintain their relevancy in the region.

Have to believe this goes down to football as well. Saudis will be looking at the Liverpool model and replicating that knowing they can always fudge the sponsorship books if need be

Other than Robinho, City really didnt make those silly transfers, and even he was out of the door after a season and a half as they settled into a much more focused approach to squad development. They are, quite frustratingly, the model Newcastle should follow and seem to be following.

2 Likes

:flushed:

might not have phrased it correctly , worked out better in my language though

anyway the thing is that , Saudiā€™s (in gulf area atleast) were always old moneyā€¦ The likes of UAE etc were the new money things. This whole thing of owning english clubs comes down to the powerplay equation.

2 Likes

Watch it come true my crazy turn of events ā€¦
They fail to win either game ā€¦
And to make it tastier watch Manc not win any of their 3 games!

6 years eh? What a belta!

Theyā€™ll crash in Europe.
Shit players like Gordon, Longstaff and Schar will be punted, Howe will be sacked for a high profile manager and these deluded cunts will be irrelevant again inside 5 years

1 Like

Not so sure Dane.
I agree on Howe, they will have a high profile manager within the year.
The only thing that will stop their gallop is sanctions against City, and questions about ownership on general.

The fact they spaffed so much on Gordon is a great reminder that money doesnā€™t equate intelligenceā€¦ I hope they go the same route with Maddison.

Another Sportswashing cunt of a club.

1 Like

1941 is hardly old money.

1 Like

Hopefully the authorities will get it right.
Then Newcastle will be the next Leicester (without actually winning anything)

2 Likes

The sheiks are obnoxious cunts who should remember not too long ago they were camel herders living in tents in the desert. My wife encountered a couple at Cambridge and, even after passing through post graduate education, they fundamentally fail to understand the central tenets of western European democracy and see it all just as platitudes that donā€™t apply to them. Sadly we seem to be legitimising their attitudes by allowing them to participate and foul-up so much of our society.

2 Likes