Nike kits, money for our new CB

Nah, that’s too kitsch for us.

We had a beautiful golden yellow kit in 1995 (ish) it was lovely.

5 Likes

Loved that shirt when I was younger.

2 Likes

Ye me too! Awesome

Not a “template” eother

That is yellow though. :slight_smile:

Not really a fan of gold kits, I don’t think it’s a good fit for us.

Yellowy-goldy yellow :rofl:

Thoughts on the Spurs away shirt?

Would you happy if we end up with a variant of this along the line?

The cosmic thing is certainly most apt for Spurs.

The universe will implode before they win another trophy.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t mind that crazy kit as a third kit

It’s a bit loud but then I think they’re desperate to try and inflate their image any way they can and a “whacky” shirt is one way to get people talking about you rather than your lack of success. But there’s not a chance i’d wear it.

My issue with Nike is we don’t appear to be in their top tier of clubs where extra effort is made to deliver something that drops jaws. Inter always get great kits from them. PSG seem to get great looking kits and the Jordan tie up. Roma always seem to get beautiful kits from them. And the stuff they do for Nigeria and France on the international scene are also some of the nicest and most iconic.

Our new third kit is by far and away the best they’ve done for us so far but everything else has been pretty much bang average.

1 Like

Playing devils advocate, the kits so far seem to be based in club ‘lore’ ie the ecru kit, the teal colour from the crest, the crimson streak

I wonder if in sticking to a remit of tradition and history we are limiting what are getting from them

And equally when we do get something a bit out there (eg from warrior not nike) there’s usually a lot of push back from the fans.

1 Like

I bought the away one for last season as it isn’t a kit it’s more of a shirt you wear with jeans.

In fairness the club probably have a pretty strict remit that they hand over to Nike

I think my days of buying a new shirt every season have come to the end. I was in the Liverpool shop yesterday, £75 for the adult shirt. That’s me done.

1 Like

Is that too much? What was it like before?

I think they were about £65 last season. I’m just having a moan about it, I’ll probably cave in and pay it, eventually.

1 Like

I remember early 00s sure they were like £45

1 Like

They were £70 last season and same this season, though I had a voucher so I got mine for £60.

I only bought it as I love the Ecru shirt and collars.

If I was going to see my partner in Brazil i would have waited but that’s going be the new year at least, as I got it over there for £35 last season.

I also won the home shirt through Coca Cola promotion.

1 Like

Just noticed this little beauty