NON Breaking News Stories

Yep, it’s been fine every supermarket I’ve been in recently. Only thing we’ve struggled to get hold of is a very particular brand of cat food.

A lot of these photos that have been doing the rounds aren’t recent and some aren’t even of stores in the UK.

In all stores there is enough products available for people to do their weekly shops.

2 Likes

Yes, I thought that was set-up. As @aussielad said it looks like a supermarket just before it opens for the first time. It supposedly was taken this morning in Kidderminster, but I don’t buy that.

Despite living in the UK for 15 years. Any time I get on the picadilly line I giggle like a shcool girl when I hear the announcement that the train is destined for Cockfosters.

Some things will never stop being funny

2 Likes

Oh the deception

Hope it’s not anywhere near you @Flobs .

Not very, it’s behind Toulon this one. Looked really scary!

I’ve seen some shortages but not on that scale.

Is there anything you can’t sue for in the USA? I imagine should this chap win his case, he will be required to use some of those funds on long term therapy for his extreme and permanent emotional distress?

1 Like

they should never have dangled that dollar bill infront of him, went to his head!

Edit: ‘I’m the baby with a little penis on Nirvana’s album cover… and I never got that dollar bill’.

Surely he should be suing his parents?

Do they have millions :wink:

And somehow this is an article written in 2015 by the guy so emotionally distressed by the album cover:

Just stop wasting everyone’s time, fucker.

2 Likes

Im typically hesitant to reflexively react to cases like this as there is often more legitimacy to them than initially seem (no, the lady did no sue McDonalds just because she got a little burn after spilling coffee on herself). But, this guy has made a career out of being that baby.

1 Like

I bet its responsible for quite a lot of his love-life as well.

I was on the inside artwork of an album once. Perhaps I should sue for the mental anguish caused by my thinning hair being visible :thinking:

I saw a short docco on this years ago - the lady did not get a “little burn” as the press reported… She got 3rd degree burns to her upper thigh, had numerous skin grafts, required hospitalisation for weeks and was disfigured for life. It was an horrific injury and totally unnecessary.

She rightly won her case.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s still joked about whenever there’s talk of ridiculous litigation in the USA but one that’s pretty legit.

Yeah, that was my point. There is often far more legitimacy to cases that appear frivolous from their one sentence description. In the McDonalds case, it was not just that the damage done was so extensive to that one individual, but that McDonalds made decisions about how to brew and store their brewed coffee for commercial reasons despite being fully aware that their choices turned the act of spilling your coffee from an embarrassing inconvenience into a serious health risk. The subsequent “hot coffee may burn” warning was a real disservice to what happened, because a more accurate warning label might have been “what is inside this cup is closer to molten lava than coffee and will need to be air cooled for at least 20 minutes before it is safe to put into your mouth.”

@BigJon I think the doc you’re talking about is called Hot Coffee. It’s a documentary ostensibly about the political push for what is called tort reform and uses the McDonalds case as an example of why tort reform would be damaging to consumers, and how cases like this are lied about to try to push tort reform. It’s actually way more interesting that I think I just described it as :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes, McDonalds’ had a team of lawyers play down her injuries and make little of how much it affected her life.