NON Breaking News Stories

Was thinking of posting this in the Breaking News thread, but is a few days old now, so not sure it really counts as breaking news, but still worrying none the less

1 Like

Clearly indicative of improving standards in driving under the guidance of the Trump administration!

Believe me, we fired the missile accidentally :wink: :wink:

1 Like

Christ almighty I hope the parole board change their mind as these 2 evil bastards should never be allowed to set free.

2 Likes

I remember that case well, absolutely vile, disgusting scum. His minimum term wasn’t long enough originally, and then the High Court reduced it twice!
I despair at some of the lenient sentences handed out by the courts and don’t get me started on the parole board, because I will lose the plot completely.
I feel devastated for the family of Sophie Lancaster. I can’t imagine how they feel, now that the ‘monster’ who kicked her to death, is going to be freed.

3 Likes

You’ve pretty much hit the nail on the head. This has similar tones of violence to James Bulger and once again the perps get off so lightly for the level of savagery of their crimes.

1 Like

We’re doomed. if this is the level we’re at we are 100% doomed.

Bloody Northerners! :rofl:

We’ve just been hit by a cut off low that’s now been classified to a tropical storm with some pretty epic rain. Started raining on Friday and only stopped this morning although some heavy showers have continued throughout the day. Over 300mm of rain fell in Margate on Monday alone and I’d surmise that in the span of five days we’ve had over 500mm in total with the same system over the entire KZN coast with varying degrees of heavy rain with the death toll reaching 253 thus far.

Strangly though, the more developed and ‘upper class’ north coast took a beating with less rainfall. Entire multi million developments have been flooded, torn apart by sinkholes or are sitting on the edge of massive cliffs that have formed where the land has just fallen away as if a giant axe has cut a swathe through it. Pretty horrible and incredible to see. So what saved us? Lagoons and a functioning storm water system. There is a river flowing into a lagoon pretty much every 5 or so km and they form these huge drainage basins so where the North ended up having water to find a way through the water here the water generally found its way into the drainage lines, storm water systems and into the rivers then into the lagoons that opened every single mouth to the sea and out. Like this:

Instead of this:

Really think we’ve dodged one here on the South Coast but as a whole it’s been a disaster for the province.

The latest instalment in the Johnny Depp v Amber Heard is currently in progress in a Virginia court room. Essentially, Heard wrote an opinion piece a few years ago where she described herself as a victim of domestic violence, shortly after she and Depp had divorced. She doesn’t name Depp but the inference drawn by most is that she was insinuating that he abused her. Depp says, as a result, his reputation was panned and he was ostracised within the film industry. Depp has sued Heard for defamation in London (where he lost but where after the trial it was shown that Heard had lied, similar to how Meghan Markle was subsequently shown to have given false testimony in her successful damages claim) - and now in Virginia for $50m. Heard is countersuing for $100m.

I’ve followed it loosely but the impression I’m currently left with is that Heard is a fucking lunatic. Anyone else been following it?

Don’t know too much about the case, but I remember seeing her on Top Gear and Clarkson described her as a bisexual, gun totting, petrol head from Texas - so quiet likely you are correct.

But on the other hand, she is also hot as hell, so swings and round-abouts

Not to sure I agree here. Even if the car is self-drive wouldn’t you still technacilly be in charge of the vehicle?

If they allow that, then were do they draw the line?
What about being drunk or high?
How do they separate between whatching tv and being on a mobile?

2 Likes

This is absurd. If you want to watch something, take a bloody train.

1 Like

My car isn’t big enough… :rofl:

1 Like

The other part not mentioned until way down the article is that individual drivers would not be held responsible and it would fall on the insurance company, so that means insurance premiums will go through roof

2 Likes

Harry was in my local. I have missed him … :joy:

He’d be sad if he knew. He loves to chat about PL refs.

1 Like

Just had my first real taste of the inflation wave. Flight to the UK double the usual price.

Train fare from Liverpool to London last Wednesday… £320 :flushed: