OoooOoo /Shudder VAR Thread

TBF you’ve got a point. :+1::nerd_face:

Some more interesting VAR calls today, The decision to award Spurs a pen (Pratford being a prat)…the decision to award both Wolves (handball from Adama’s shot) and Forest a pen (pull in box by Nunes) and the decision to award Fulham a pen (pull on Mitro) Another handball for Forest which wasn’t reviewed. (travels a distance/arm by the side)

& for the first time ever…I think they got them all right.

Maybe the 1 50/50 was the pen Wolves were awarded for the handball…

But it’s funny because we saw both Cooper and Silva post match slating it :smiley:

SSN Ref watch this week - Dermot agrees that the Foden goal was correctly disallowed.

Where’s Micah??

Gallagher is stealing a pay check with these pieces.

“It’s hard to say its not a foul”. No insight in the thought process of what they’re looking for in applying a specific rule. Not even an insight into how he might reasonably disagree with the decision the ref made while admitting neither of them are definitively right. Just a stock phrase trotted out to tell you what he thinks the correct decision was.

There is not single bit of insight gained by reading this and so it exists to either wind you up or satisfy your need to be told your opinion was right.

2 Likes

Hey guys guess what, I know this may be of news to you but a foul is a foul, dragging someone down pulling their shirt is classed as a foul. The End.

& I don’t know where Pep was getting at with the whole “Oh but the ref told us before the game we’ll let things go.”

If there is a foul, you blow up for a free kick it doesn’t get any simpler than that.

3 Likes

Pep was talking about Taylor telling them before the game, that he’s going to let certain fouls go and keep the game play flowing.

Pep was pissed off because even though Taylor let every blatant fucking foul on Salah go and give us nothing,VAR turned around and disallowed Foldens goal for a foul leading upto it,then sarcastically blaming the decision on it happening at Anfield again.Funny thing is,he’s pissed off at the ref but Taylor would have given the goal,if not for VAR.

Not only is Pep a cunt for blindly ignoring bad refereeing decisions against us leading upto that goal,Taylor is also one for basically giving himself a get out of jail free card for any bad decisions given during the game by already stating what was going to happen before a ball was kicked,the wanker!!!

1 Like

For the life of me can’t wrap my head around this.

Do all refs say this to both parties in the dressing room before every game or was it only because it was Liverpool v City? Wrong on so many levels.

I can understand Pep getting annoyed with the goal disallowed, I’m sure Klopp Moyes Ole Jose Tuchel or whoever would’ve been the same whilst also ignoring the decisions going for you…that’s just the hypocrisy that exists in football.

2 Likes

In this particular case do you really need a thought process, he pulled Fabinho down,that’s a foul.He also said that silva pulling down Mo was a foul.So to him pulling a player down by the shirt is a foul.

2 Likes

DERMOT SAYS: They have seen a foul in the build-up, but I also think there’s a foul on the goalkeeper, Alisson. So I think it’s very hard if you watch [the shirt pull] it’s very hard to be convinced that it’s not a foul.

Danny Mills: I think it is a foul, but does Pep Guardiola have a point because all those fouls were allowed to go throughout the game? Does a referee change their opinion on a foul or the severity because it’s a goal because I think that’s where we are all a bit confused. At the end of the game, the shirt pull on Mo Salah is a lot worse of a shirt pull than that, but it isn’t given. Is it only because it’s a goal is scored that they look at it with more scrutiny?

Which is why I say “letting the game flow” needs to go right in the feckin bin. Just feckin ref the game. It’s not hard. There’s a set of rules, apply them you feckin dickhead.

Mo was very lucky not to be seriously injured yesterday in the name of ‘letting the game flow’. The rules are there for a reason. :rage::nerd_face:

3 Likes

Maybe it is just my line of thought… but what gives Taylor the right as an employed referee official, who is paid to follow the letter of the rules… to come out with his intention to change these rules…! His boss Mike Riley has either told him the type of game he wants him to govern over, or it is Mike Riley’s boss Sky Sport initiating this instruction.
Either way, by announcing his intentions, Taylor has handed Fraudiola licence to tell his players to put their foot in as fouls will not be called…

3 Likes

I’m really not sure why such an obvious foul is producing the conversation it is.

It’s a foul, he keeps hold of his shirt until Fabinho starts to fall and they get the ball.

Not every decision by VAR is controversial, VAR sometimes gets a very clear decision right.

The kick on Alisson I wonder whether that crosses the threshold but apparently it won’t have also been chalked off. Interesting if Gomez clears it off the line they would have had a corner and scored from that it wouldn’t have been disallowed.

2 Likes

I still can’t believe Oliver gave a red card.

2 Likes

at the time of the card, momentum was on Villa’s side and the score was 1-0.

Villa could have easily tied that game up or possibly pulled out a result. But with Oliver’s (fucking terrible call, how do you fuck that up under review???) brutal decision, he killed Villa’s chance at a comeback and possibly even Gerrard’s job as well

Brutal. Fucking Brutal

and we go back to that meme that was posted a few days ago

How do you fix a system where those who make decisions face no blowback for getting it completely wrong???

1 Like

@The-AllMightyReds do you still think this was a red?

What do you mean do I still think?

2 Likes

Pissed up misremembered the convo.

Apologies.

You’re still a knob (as am I) :wink:

Surprised said no LFC fan

4 Likes

How can we keep our minds on the current poor form, injuries, disruptions etc whilst that sort of thing continues?

If the penalty vs Arsenal is given, if Partey is sent off, if the Arsenal pen is chalked off…none of this might make a difference to our form. But last season it was shit like this that cost us.

The same debate regarding the foul stats on Salah. Why are we not going to the PL and demanding an enquiry into this statistic. Why don’t we employ an analyst to check “fouls” vs non decisions on Salah and properly expose the biases that exist?

And again
For clarity…
We are not losing games because of this stuff, we are in poor form.

But VAR, refereees and the system are stacked against us.
And thats before petrochemical FFP dodging cunt clubs load up their guns.

2 Likes

The conspiracy theorists ought to question why he chose to give it when it would disadvantage Gerrard…

1 Like

Does the Arsenal game remind anyone else of that Merseyside derby special where Virgil got injured? When Oliver refused to clamp down on their antics until Thiago got injured?

Throw in a bonus VAR overruling our goal for nothing.

2 Likes