Other so-called “sports”

Was a great decision by Andrews to fuck off the Commonwealth Games. Hopefully it marks a turning point where we no longer see cities wastefully throwing money at Commonwealth and Olympic games and World Cups. The IOC, F1, FIFA should just amuse themselves with hydrocarbon shities and the civilised world can be spared the bollocks.

Probably a case in point for the commonwealth games to end.

I think we’ve reached the pinnacle of sharing competitions with this mess 2030.

Melbourne could have hosted for a fraction of the cost, the city would have welcomed the tourism and, ultimately, a generation of kids would have had an amazing experience and athletes the feeling of pride representing thier country at ‘home’

you can be as pragmatic as you like, and jaded by the shenanigans by the sound of it, theres no doubt a very seedy undertone to hosting sporting events, but the city itself could have successfully hosted the games…along with constantly hosting international events comes more than just the two week hype…

the issue was with deciding to do it regionally.

oh, and andrews decision the fuck it off was a good one in isolation, but why bid for the fecking thing in the first place?

1 Like

There is no way that Luke Littler is sixteen. He must have bought his passport in Lagos.

what happened to the Telstra Dome in Melbourne. I thought it was fairly new, just west of the CBD and great pedestrian access. watched the All Blacks destroy Canada in 03 World Cup there.

I saw a photo with Luke Humphries at the age of 12 and to be fair all he has done is grown a beard and got bigger.

Oddly Luke has got thinner.

Reckon Luke will win tonight

its called ‘marvel’ now.

i know right, evokes so much passion…

Can already tell Humphries gonna clean up with this kid pretty quickly and send him back to school tomorrow.

Far too good.

The darts kid looks older than Wayne Rooney.

2 Likes

Been a good final so far. Is it bad that i want the man baby to lose here.

Because the other bloke looks a bit like Bruno, I will support the fat kid.

But love the atmosphere and they just get on with it. Maybe golfers could learn that trick.

Even more impressive than his darts ability is getting a beer belly like that at 16yo!

I always think the most impressive thing about the darts is how they let lads who can barely speak be the announcer.

Some people would moan about that being woke, but I say well done Darts for being inclusive.

1 Like

The commentator just said Littler’s head hasn’t dropped. To be fair it isn’t long since his balls did.

Humphriessss!!! Well done sir.

Great final, lil Lukey gave as good as he got until the #1 showed why he is the world #1

2 Likes

Telstra Dome is now Marvel due to sponsorship but ultimately is the same. It really should just be called Docklands due to the area it is located. By sadly money buts you what you want

Given his facial hair, reckon his balls dropped when he was 9

As long as the sponsors don’t buy naming rights to Anfield or the Sydney Cricket Ground……

They have sort of done it in Brisbane and you can see the split between the old fan vs new fan with Lang Park/Suncorp Stadium. Still find a few grumpy old bastards who insist on using Lang Park and that includes 1 or 2 commentators that will slip it in during games