Our Squad / The favourite LineUp thread

Do it on Fifa all the time lad, what you on?

So many young players. With Klopp also extending, we are potentially set for another five years. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Can anyone tell me what our actual game plan is at the moment?

We seem to have zero clue what we are doing
 The misuse of Salah is possibly the worst part of it, he is hardly in the game because he’s always so far away from goal.

We seem to create our best chances when it’s 4 minutes to go and we ignore our structure and play with instinct.

I’ve never seen us so poor and slow with the ball and then so open when we play a single risky pass and lose it. The worst of both worlds, tepid up front, wide open at the back.

Pete Krawietz’ face :joy:

1 Like

Hate to be walking the street alone and seeing Fab Matip and Joe ahead of me walking in opposite direction.

Why was this taken now? Do it before the season starts or don’t do it at all. FFS I see why lots of them wouldn’t be smiling right now.

Forgot to say and Naby & Ibou.

Don’t like our diamond at the moment. I’d rather we go back to our 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 stuff. 4-4-2 we found a bit of momentum. Now with this structure I feel like we lost some balance again. We did beat Ajax but it didn’t look good until we scored the goals. Last night was again, a bit too wild and open. We can’t allow a team in problems like Leeds make such a mess of the game. We have to be better than that and control them.

Alisson, Gomez, Matip, Virgil, Robertson, Trent, Henderson, Naby Thiago, Salah and Nunez. Unbeatable all season :grinning:

Changing the system looks like a mistake now after we got beaten by Arsenal, Forest and Leeds.

We need to bulk up midfield drop the passengers and start winning consistently.

We played a diamond in the last two games.

We’ve lost three games with different formations other than our usual 4-3-3. Should have never changed it maybe.

The problem is with Diaz and Jota out we need to play 2 up top as we have no-one who can play wide left
 Nunez and Bobby are terrible out there. I’d assume Klopp doesn’t think Carvalho is ready also.

1 Like

Alisson
Trent Konate Vvd Robbo
Hendo Fabinho Thiago
Salah Firmino Elliott

Alisson
Everyone
Else
Absolutely
Fucking
Horse
Shit
Except
Maybe
Salah
& Nunez

Gakpo, two new midfielders and Bobby potentially staying.

Won’t be so easy for Elliott and Carvalho to get starts and minutes soon.

1 Like

I’d argue they’ll get the minutes they should be getting for their development rather than being relied upon as regular starters for a team that usually plays 50+ games a season at the ages of 19 & 20.

Also there’s no guarantee that we get the two midfielders and even if we do, if one of them more of a 6 and we are losing Milner/Keita/Ox then there should be plenty of minutes to go round.

I’d also like to see Thiago managed better if he is staying due to his injury proneness.

Alisson (30) will be 34 when his contract ends in 2027. Aside from the occasional blunders and injuries, he has been a rock.

Kelleher (24) contracted till 2026.

Trent (24) contracted till 2025. His attacking and defensive form has been patchy for about a year. Though he has one of the highest minutes in the squad.

Ramsay (19), contracted till 2027.

Robertson (28), contracted till 2026. Another player with a patchy form over the last year and with one of the highest minutes in the squad.

Tsimikas (26), contracted till 2025. Perhaps underutilized. Did a great job whenever deputized for Robertson, except in the last couple of games.

VVD (31), will be 34 when his contract ends in 2025. Previously imperious, he is having a seriously underwhelming season.

Konaté (23), contracted till 2026.

Gomez (25), contracted till 2027.

Matip (31), contracted till 2024.

Fabinho (29), contracted till 2026. For the second season running, his form and fitness are leaving a lot to be desired.

Thiago (31), contracted till 2024.

Henderson (32), contracted till 2025. The workhorse of midfield and the leader on and off the field, his form and fitness have been underwhelming for over a year.

Curtis (21), contracted till 2027. A bright start to his career has been blighted by a bout of injuries.

Elliott (19), contracted till 2027. Not a midfielder?

DĂ­az (26), contracted till 2027.

Jota (26), contracted till 2027.

NĂșñez (23), contracted till 2028.

Gakpo (23), contracted till 2028.

Carvalho (20), contracted till 2027.

Salah (30), will be 33 when his contract ends in 2025. Very indifferent form since the African Cup, yet, he is one of the best in our history.

Considering their form, fitness, age, salary, and contract situation; we will have to replace some of the stalwarts over the next two summers. VVD, Matip, Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson, and Salah are in this category. Although, I feel that aside from Fabinho, others will be allowed to finish their contract. These players along with Alisson, Trent and Robertson; form the basic structure of our squad. You will notice two things about this lot; all of them (Alisson and Thiago aside) have gone stale for a considerable period and most of them (aside Thiago) have played huge minutes in the last few seasons.

This is no longer just about replacing the odd pieces and injecting fresh blood into the squad. It’s about tearing down the old structure and building something new. I think we will see the departures of Adrian, Kelleher, Gomez, Nat, Keita, Ox, Milner, and Firmino this summer.

2 Likes