Our Squad / The favourite LineUp thread

Nat Phillips has played just five games, 232 mins, this season. But the bigger surprise is that he has played just a couple of games with the youth team. Why wasn’t he allowed to play more?

That didn’t age well :slightly_frowning_face:

According to information from Spotrac, the departures of Firmino (£180,000 a week), Keita (£120,000 a week), Oxlade-Chamberlain (£120,000 a week) and Milner (£60,000 a week) will free up £480,000 per week in wages.

I have no idea about the credibility of that site, but no way Milner wages are that low.

1 Like

If I remember correctly, the last contract extention he signed saw him drop to around £90K per week

I have seen this figure mentioned before about Milner wages.

Was lowered for him to stay when he last extended IIRC.

Fully expecting it to be Mac Allister and Mount now.

Gomez to be a full time RB backup.

A new third choice CB to phase out Matip who will leave when his contract expires in 2024.

Goal
Alisson
2nd choice GK
Adrian

RB
Trent
Gomez
Ramsey

CB
VvD
Konate
New CB
Matip

LB
Robertson
Tsimikas

RCM
Mac Allister
Henderson
Elliott

CDM
Fabinho
Bajcetic
Henderson

LCM
Mount
Thiago
Jones

LF
Diaz
Jota

CF
Gakpo
Nunez

RF
Salah
Elliott

When Gini left was it Robbo who was promoted into that group of four captains/leaders together with Hendo, Milly and Virgil?

Has to be Mo now to take Millys place, right?

This was the latest, Echo from March 2023:

“Alexander-Arnold was promoted into the players’ committee before the start of last season as Jurgen Klopp reshuffled the pack after Gini Wijnaldum’s departure. The defender won a vote from his team-mates to join skipper Jordan Henderson, vice-captain James Milner and Virgil van Dijk, while Alisson Becker and Andy Robertson were also given the nod from the rest of the squad.”

We’ll see if there’s anything updated or announced. More important that the standards remain, I get the feeling Millie was a very important leader on a day to day basis.

If we don’t feel there’s someone fully worthy at the moment (Mo is probably a great leader by example, how he takes care of himself), better to keep the 5 as it is.

At home v plodder:

Alisson

Timber Ibou Virgil

Trent Kone Macallister

Salah Gakpo Diaz

Nunez

Subs: Adrian Robbo Matip Grav Hendo Jones Jota

Away particularly v the bigger sides:

Alisson

Trent Ibou Virgil Robbo

Kone

Grav Macallister

Salah Gakpo Diaz

Subs: Adrian Kostas Timber Hendo Jones Jota Nunez

Jurgen isn’t going to throw all 3 signings into the deepend at once.

He’ll start with Fabinho jones macallister especially as macallister is used to the physicality of the league and then integrate the other two signings slowly into the team.

1 Like

Hard to tell really, we don’t usually make 3+ signings in any one window let alone 3+ signings intended to be starters but he has thrown new signings straight in and never looked back, Ali Virg Mo Jota Diaz, even Gakpo (Although some were signed in Jan) obviously in Jota’s and Diaz case injury then kept then out for a period.

We’ll see.

Things start and evolve differently sometimes.

Keita looked very positive early on, Fabinho didn’t. He had to learn what was required tactically, not dropping to form a 3 CB structure when we were building up.

But then the intensity got to Keita a little bit and injuries (then again hit good form but got injured before Barca), while Fabinho started to come in the side around mid-season and by the end of it, he was an automatic starter, while Hendo changed his position in spring time.

Main thing is that the team improves, and that will have a lot to do if not more with our remaining players who will stay. Obviously we’re moving/signing some players for reasons, so hopefully we can see the difference already in pre-season.

Time to revive our principles that have badly dropped this season.

I think we are long way from speculating on the starting XI. Incoming, outgoing, and preseason will decide a lot.

3 Likes

That’s never stopped us before!

Here goes….

—————-Allison—————
TAA—Konate—VVD—Robbo
————-Thiago—————-
—Mcallister———Jones——-
Salah——-Gakpo———Diaz

All eyes on the number 6 spot and who else comes in.

1 Like

Don’t you think it would be either Fabinho or a new signing???

Hopefully a new signing, but out of the current number he’s who I would start there. Pretty excited to see Bajcetic get some more minutes there as well.

1 Like

How about this? #AllOutAttack

—-———Allison—————
—Konate—VVD—Robbo—
——-TAA—-MacAlister——
——Szobo——Gakpo——-
Salah——-Nunez——-Diaz

How would that look defensively?

:joy:

Not sure it’s attacking enough mate, Jota in for Robbo.