Ozan KABAK: 2020/21

Disappointing, but it’s not on him.

Loaning in a 20 year old centre back from a club that’s dead bottom of the fucking Bundesliga, of all places, and expecting an immediate impact is a piss take.

2 Likes

Not saying Obak was great and that Phillips is shit but alot of the pretty crappy stuff Phillips does really does go under the radar. Seen a post where Obak is getting rinsed during the penalty play when it was Phillips who did a Lovren charging up field and leaving a gaping chasm behind him leaving Kabak on his own and Trent desperately trying to make up ground having been further forward.

Ideally, neither Phillips or Kabak get nowhere near our team.

5 Likes

Not to overly hate on him but I see why Schlake are relegation battlers if he’s one of their bright talents. Nat Phillips looks better than him and he was off to the championship only a year ago.

1 Like

That’s true but on yesterdays performance Phillips and Williams make a better CB pairing than Phillips and Kabak.

1 Like

Agree. None are good enough but I’d start Phillips over everyone we currently have fit at the moment.

Kobak hasn’t had a top level Cb next to him or the strongest midfield in front of him so let’s not write him off but my worry is his positional play is way off and he has no pace.

Davies not getting a sniff in a CB mega crisis shows you how good he must be.

2 Likes

My worry is he hasn’t a clue how to play the offside trap, that means we can not play high and need full backs that play the old Arsenal flat back 4. Horrible!

2 Likes

Williams is terrible looks completely out of his depth, I know some will mention the spurs game but they got a goal and sat back and defended and let us have all the possession.

1 Like

… and what dos that say about Kabak?

1 Like

He doesn’t look good YET. Maybe never will.

1 Like

He’s only 20 so he could have a good career just not with us. Our coaches could teach him a thing or 2 in the time he has here. Not a good loan imo we just haven’t enough training sessions to get him up to speed.

3 Likes

But true though.

1 Like

Yeah when a team attacks him he runs through treacle.
We seem to have a lot of young CBs with zero pace.

1 Like

That is no problem when you play for teams like Leicester. They play with their asses against the box, being tall and strong is enough but when you play for Liverpool you need speed as a CB. Not that you have to be as quick as Bold but I don’t understand why we have backup players like Williams, Phillips and Kabak who have close to none.

1 Like

You say that but Moreno played ahead of Robertson

1 Like

The way I see it, our judgement about this lad has to be deferred till the end of the season.

He may be average or he may be good. But without some games it’s a folly to judge.

The amount of times he misjudged a long ball yesterday…

1 Like

Them swirling winds.

2 Likes

Did he judge anything correctly?

1 Like

Shouldn’t there be that on loan from Schalke thingy in the title???

1 Like

… and shouldn’t it be 2021/21?

2 Likes