PC gaming thread

Watch Dog 2 Standard Edition is free right now via Epic…(Need a separate Ubisoft Account)

2 Likes

Started playing BL3 again after only getting 15 hrs in last time. Part of my ‘Dirty Thirty’ list of games to either complete or at least have got gaming ‘value’ from (I.e at least an hour’s game play for every £ the game cost) before I buy another game - made somewhat easier by the fact the only upcoming game i want is Cyberpunk - and the websites I’ve checked suggest my laptop won’t run it :sob:

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 is free on Epic Games until 1-Oct @8AM.

1 Like

Was thinking of playing mass effect 1 or 2 this weekend as they are on my list but was shocked to find they dont have controller support, and there doesn’t appear to be a mod to enable it :sob:

Cant wait for the remaster to come out - anyone know dates for that ?

I was just going to type “but why don’t you wait for the remasters, they are said to be coming out some time in 2021” but then I saw the last sentence… :slight_smile:

I’m having a real problem with gaming - when I was a kid and couldn’t afford a proper gaming PC, I wanted to play every game, no matter how good or bad it was. Now I get only one or two titles per year that really get me going, I think The Witcher 3 was the last one. Most of the time, I realise that I actually go back to Fallout, StarCraft, BioShock or Batman series and replay them, rather than hunt new games.

That’s why I’m really looking forward to Mass Effect and System Shock remasters. I’m not sure what I’m looking for when it comes to originals, maybe Cyberpunk 2077 and Atomic Heart but latter’s development is on-off, I really don’t know what to expect of it.

1 Like

Horizon Zero Dawn has been a fun game Nikola, and its super innovative. Both game play and storyline, its open world/action which is similar genre as Mass Effect/Cyberpunk is. Valhalla should be good too releasing November and I upgraded my Sons Ryzen and got that one free with the CPU purchase.

I find instant-gaming to be a good site for discounts, ZD cost me $30 on there which is about my limit in game purchase price.

Another remaster I’m waiting for is Command and Conquer 2 and Zero Hour Generals. Those were definitely my favourites in the genre but its pure nostalgia vs new games like Zero Dawn which has been very good.

1 Like

Wow, Horizon looks very interesting! Not sure how I missed that one, to be honest, thank you! Looks like I will need an upgrade if I’m to play it, though, not sure my RX580 can handle that one.

As for C&C, I grew up on Westwood strategies, starting with Dune 2 and then Red Alert, Tiberian Suun (pretty sure I played it in software rendering mode) and Generals, so I definitely know how it feels. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s great fun, not as good as Bl2 but still I’ve done all the DLC.

Oh. That’s got me thinking about what are the two most significant events in my gaming career. My first would be the discovery of Dune 2. I didn’t have a Windows PC at the time and had only an Atari 1040 ST) but my friend did. I invited myself over regularly so I could sit at his computer and play hours and hours of Dune 2 whilst he spent the whole day complaining to his mum about me not playing with him. :smile:

The second event has to be my first viewing of Rainbow Six with video acceleration back in 1996. I remember how my mind was blown having only seen the game software rendered previously. I played every R6 title endlessly, only outdone by Age of Empires 2, Europa Universalis 2 and Diablo 2 . But yeah a video accelerated R6 is what started my obsession for a time with building PCs. Matrox ftw! :smile:

2 Likes

Back on my first PC, its graphics card was so bad, it could only properly run games like Fallout, StarCraft, Diablo, Dune 2… Looking back, I think I was actually blessed. I love all of them but Fallout 2 and StarCraft (with Brood War expansion) are as important pieces of art to me as, say, Lynch’s Mulholland Drive or Type O Negative’s October Rust. As for Dune, maybe Villeneuve’s film, if it’s a success, will motivate some studio to try and bring the game franchise back to life, I know I’d love to see it.

2 Likes

Baldur’s Gate 3 Early Access launches tomorrow! :scream:

2 Likes

Looking forward to that. Spent a lot of time on BG1 but never finished it. Am intrigued by the ability to interact with the environment and it using the divinity engine

Wonder if they will have a duo as fun as Boo and Minsc!

2 Likes

“Go for the eyes Boo!”

“Butt kicking, for goodness!”

1 Like

I’ve been watching some of the gameplay. Looks quite buggy at the moment, and is only available as early access so only the first chapter is available at the moment. I think two further chapters to follow? Full game expected in a year’s time.

Perhaps i should add the first 2 BG games and Divinity Sin 2 into my Dirty Thirty list to replace the Mass Effect games and try to get them finished before the full release of BG3!

Oddly enough, and unrelated really, but I did recently do a complete playthrough of those games, and did really get me in the mood for BG3!

I’ve had some time today so have been playing it. The only bugs I’ve encountered have been relatively minor, such as no lip-syncing during dialogue in cutscenes, but that aside I think Larian are doing something amazing here. The best compliment I can give it is that it feels like playing tabletop D&D.

1 Like

Bit the bullet and finally activated world of warcraft again

Where can I get some nice, free games??? Tempted to resume gaming :sunglasses:

Which games do you like?

I haven’t played in ages. Cesar 3 is the game l possibly loved most. Two other games I enjoyed a lot are Railroad Tycoon and Airforce Ace; but not sure if I remember the names correctly.