Philippe Coutinho

There is a report further up the thread that’s says we’ve had every penny.

It’s just guesswork + clicks = :moneybag:

1 Like

One it’s The Mirror they’re shit.

Two yeah I’ve been wondering why he has his own thread too.

3 Likes

I though the policy is, you break it you buy it.

1 Like

He has actually played this season :flushed:

Might be a case of the pitchforks, and rabble paying me a visit…
but I would prefer Coutinho in the squad than either Keita or Ox…!

3 Likes

Keita is better than Coutinho.

If you are considering the injury situation, he is injured too.

1 Like

Disagree with that. But they’re very different players. Kind of think a Coutinho type coming into this current squad would have more of a beneficial impact than Keita suddenly being perfectly fit moving forward though right now. Don’t want actual Coutinho back though.

2 Likes

Not the same position.

Barca made that mistake. Coutinho even if able to play (certainly not in all types of games though) one of the two higher #8’s or highest #8 (so almost like a #10, but not a single one), he was never going to be the new Iniesta. Not even in terms of style, let alone quality.

And to play on the left side of the front 3, in that inside left channel, he wasn’t what was needed with Messi on the opposite side. Coutinho and Griezmann were stylistic mistakes. Dembele was stylistically more what they needed, but he turned out to be a flop in terms of quality (and availability) anyway.

2 Likes

Barca want rid for £35m apparently.
We have been given first option. FSG have said its up to Klopp but he’s not interested.
According to twitter today.

Coutini-who?

Take him on loan with an option to buy. Need to see if those back issues have cleared up.

2 Likes

We can make a player of him and sell him in 2 years time to PSG for 150m.

Don’t want a player who has a history of those back issues at this club :confused:

5 Likes

Don’t know how the author came up with the cursed part. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Thing with coutinho, has he ever really ‘done it’ anywhere else but here?

I still remember those first few electric months where he’d be knocking in balls to sturdier that were worth the ticket alone.

He changed after those first few months to be more of a focal point, I liked him deeper.

I don’t even know how old he is to be honest - should be a place on the web where you can look that type of thing up imho- but if he’s 28 or under then there’s a case to be made.

FWIW can’t see him and Thiago in the same team unless we are playing the dog and whistle.

He is 28, I actually think he wants to come back but remember the stuff his family were saying about Klopp in the Spanish press alongside the back stuff, I’m not surprised Klopp won’t entertain it. He made his bed.

There is a right way to leave and a wrong way to leave, maybe he never expected us to be a future move back but alas it’s done.

2 Likes

There is. It’s called Google. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Klopp warned him before he left, stay here and be a legend, move away and you become just another player.

4 Likes

Might work. 4-2-3-1 with Thiago in the 2 at the base of midfield and Coutinho central in the 3.

But as others have said, he’s probably burned his bridges. Quite foolishly it seems

1 Like

Wouldn’t happen under Klopp. It didn’t when he was here. Klopp talked about the importance of the “#10” in that system, that position being one of the most demanding.