Post match: AC Milan v Liverpool (UCL 7/12/21 8pm)

Max points from a CL group stage. Can’t ask for more than that. The job’s a good 'un, as they say in darkest Lancashire :muscle:

2 Likes

No doubt Konaté MotM

4 Likes

What group of death? Referee was shocking, like a standard premier league ref. Up the Bolton Baresi

4 Likes

Voted for Ox, Konate and Morton, but I thought that was Minamino’s best performance for us so far too.

Kinda hope we hang on to Nat as 5th choice. There’s something great about someone who exceeds all expectations.

11 Likes

I can’t think of more than a handful of moments when any of ours made poor decisions or miscontrolled the ball, until really late on.

6 Likes

Young Nat Phillips is a real prospect.

8 Likes

Where’s the $15M CL group stage winnings, John?

7 Likes

Mo money

2 Likes

yeah considering Milan’s aerial bombardment never got 6" off the ground his play on the floor was excellent.

No Rambo head band needed.

2 Likes

Makkelie has always been a arrogant prick And a so so ref at best

6 Likes

Strange game, expected a lot more from Milan. I am proud because we did what we had to do, away in the San Siro, however, the intensity of Milan is miles off the EPL.
Gave Morton MoTM as he didn’t look out of place for one moment. Retained and moved the ball in a mature manner. AoC was next followed by Phillips - who hadn’t played for a while.
Hopefully no injuries, roll on Saturday!

2 Likes

GIF by Giphy QA

11 Likes

He is better than Maguire and I’m not even joking.

21 Likes

It’s like their goalie was trying to create rebounds

3 Likes

Lots of people are enjoying pointing out that we have as many points from our CL group as the Ev have got in the league.

10 Likes

Who are those terrible people?

There’s one bloke with a Twitter name of Rafa Benitez

GIF by Liverpool FC

5 Likes

Excellent. 6 wins, people rested, money men satisfied, fringe players saw valuable minutes, kids got a nice memory too.

The one thing I don’t like, which is completely out of our control, is that Atletico advance too. Eleven points behind Liverpool, yet such a cynical and classless team has a fresh start in the knockout round of 16. I had hoped that us humbling them twice, home and away, would have sent them on their way to Thursday night football. Oh well.

As for the mighty reds, onwards and upwards. Some good signs that something special is brewing again.

6 Likes

Atletico

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

4 Likes