Post Match: Ajax v Liverpool (UCL 21/10/20 8pm)

OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION. You have been exiled to Twitter to work on your form.

2 Likes

It was obviously pre planned, we’ve got another game on Saturday, then another Champions League game next Tuesday. Mane also had ice on a knee after going off.

They scored we didn’t :wink:

1 Like

There’s literally no doubt the boys woulda been sore after Saturday.

How good we can rotate the entire front three and not really skip a beat??

Have you ever been to Stoke? Amsterdam it definitely isn’t.

1 Like

If we could try get 15 or so people on the mirror site it would be great guys

We are flagging a bit

1 Like

Jota, Minamino and Shaqiri are a really good shadow front three. They were soo close to clicking. Mind you, it helps that Ajax took their defence off.

I just want to say that I feel so much better about our backline with Fabinho there. The guy has great balance and control of his body, and wonderful timing with his challenges, and he did a Milner by saving a goal there too. MOTM for me! Together we’ll get through these challenging times. YNWA!

2 Likes

I think we’ll see a lot more minute-management from JK this season, especially atm with a CL game every midweek. Hendo only playing 45 and the front 3 all subbed off early 2nd half.
Didn’t like the icepack on Sadio but if he misses out Saturday we have plenty of options.

1 Like

I unfortunately have been to Stoke, passed through it on a coach and it stopped off at the bus station for about an hour. It was wet and boring.

That’s a good description, you were unfortunate that the bus stopped.

1 Like

You know we’ve become a jaundiced lot when we win a match and an argument on the qualities of Stoke (the city) breaks out.

5 Likes

Click on the link ya carnts!!!

1 Like

Only shit weed in Stoke,definitely not Amsterdam.

2 Likes
8 Likes

It’s a very short discussion, not an argument

2 Likes

I think this kind of result does wonders for confidence psychologically. We have been struggling with letting other teams take the lead since pre season and i felt better that we were able to keep a clean sheet , in europe no less with Fabinho and Gomez in the back line.

Also great to see Jones get a starting role , it shows how much Klopp trusts him and is willing to give him a chance in important games when our injuries and fatigue have reached high levels. I also liked the subbing off of our front 3 and that Jota and Minamino brought fresh energy.

I dont see the point of having a go about goals or boring game, cause quite frankly, we needed to shore up and give our defense a boost which i think this game went in some way to bolster our form for the coming games.

If i look up immense in the dictionary, i think Fabs name comes out as an example. Its quite a tough role having to replace our colossal Van Dijk in defence and Fabinho showed every capability that he can do it. Very pleased with his performance today.

4 Likes

I enjoyed it, nonetheless.

3 Likes

Howling!!!

2 Likes

It was nerve wracking to watch this match, with our boys at Ajax. 3 Points, and not the easiest way to get them. Sweaty palms, squeaky bum times.

My 3 picks:

1. Fab was fabulous stepping into the central defence position once again. Massive tackles, interceptions, and goal line save. The right side of our defence has more calmness in this match, which I think it helped TAA a lot as well.

2. Robbo’s bundle of energy up and down the pitch. A constant threat with his crosses. It really was too bad that our forwards did not make the most of them. I think that Robbo also did really well defensively. Our threat mostly came from the left today.

3. Milly - The forever young. Energiser bunny? Naw, he is way better than the pink and fluffy. Just before he cramped up, you can see he was already totally out of gas. Regardless, after he came back on after being knocked down, he was chasing the ball and move it towards the Ajax’s corner to waste more time.

Big shout out to the youngster: Curtis and Rhys. It took Curtis a while in 1st half to become a little more influential to help the 3 forwards. For Rhys, came on to play his first CL match, I think that he won most, if not all the headers. Well done.

I can nitpick, but decided to remove the text before hitting reply. Let’s enjoy this win.

4 Likes