Post match: Arsenal v Liverpool (FAC 7/1/24 4.30pm)

Jota was excellent when he came on but he came into a very different game that was much more open.

It makes sense the defence is drawing most of the praise given how well they played.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/EmiratesFACup/status/1744121082381054037

3 Likes

I like how he doesnā€™t go for the corporate box bollocks but gets right in with the fans.

8 Likes

Mo would have struggled 1st half, never mind Elliot, as we couldnā€™t get the ball to either wide front men

1 Like

His rise over this past season has been immense. Not saying that we donā€™t need reinforcements but itā€™s def less of a priority at CB than it was at the start of the season.

2 Likes

With injuries, rotation etc a team challenging on four fronts, as we are, needs four centre backs. We have got four, if you count Gomez, but he is needed elsewhere. With Bradley coming in and Robbo due back soon, we may be ok :crossed_fingers:t4:

2 Likes

Iā€™d think we would be needing 5. Considering the injury prone nature of Gomez and Matip.

We might well see Matip being given an extension which I wouldnā€™t mind. Heā€™s a damn good CB when heā€™s fit.

Quansah , Konate , VVD , Gomez , Matip does make a good CB lineup. Maybe even someone like Chambers coming in to be the 5th choice CB if Matip is leaving.

While a left footed CB is a great luxury to have , good ones are a rare commodity and itā€™s not guaranteed that they would be an improvement over the existing lineup.

Heā€™s STILL salty about losing 1-2 to us at home

2 Likes

Pretty comfortable, in the end. Strange. Couldā€™ve sworn Arsenal were the favourites.

I like that wee lad Bobby. Strong name, too.

2 Likes

The match according to Flobs.
Arsenal came out pressing with agression and physicality despite this and some sloppynes on our part they didnā€™t look like scoring. Despite commentators saying otherwise it was a balanced match in the 1st half with only 53% possession for the home side. Yes our make shift defense had some problems but in general coped well getting boots in when it mattered and Alisson is just great.
Second half we got our act together and after all their agressive physical play Arsenal tired and even started helping us putting the ball in the back of their own net. Some youngsters came on for us who showed more maturity than Trent in defense putting tired Arsenal players on their arses in ā€˜safeā€™ positions. Diaz finished them off with no time left, which was strange as heā€™d been in but mainly out of the match before this.

Flobs thinks this was an important win as even as it was not epl this will dent Arsenals confidence even more, the press is doing a good job of questioning their ability after this.

12 Likes

Woke up thinking about the match and I just cannot stop smiling.!
blush
:grin: :blush: :grin:

2 Likes

Well, it was in fact Arsenal and not us who scored from a set piece.

3 Likes

What are you waiting for BBCā€¦ Sign @Flobs up ASAP :0)

1 Like

Spot on

Give yourselves all a pat on the back!!

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1744388152293220710?s=20

2 Likes

where was the petulance card for the two-handed shove.

1 Like
2 Likes

rewatched the matchā€¦ I must say, I was so so impressed with Jota. I am not talking about the game (he was good too) but his leadership. Talking to his fellow forward players and getting really stuck in . Dude was such a leader

4 Likes

if there was a label that I would apply to Jota, is that heā€™s a game-breaker. He has a knack for putting the ball in the net, or giving it to someone who can.

Our Chicharito, if you remember his role at Utd.

3 Likes