Post match: Brentford v Liverpool (EPL 2/1/23 5.30pm)

That was a tough watch.

Think we’re beyond being in a position where throwing big money January signings into the mix is not going to fix the problems. This feels much bigger than that.

Am watching a team that struggles against a low block for years now. Playing Liverpool? Sit deep and compact. Hit them on the counter. Clog the midfield.

This is the formula.

Klopp has done wonders for us, but has also broken transfer records in nearly every position on the pitch now and we are not getting a good ROI right now. Especially from players like Salah and Van Dijk.

Think we have two years left for Jurgen’s contract. But if our current trajectory doesn’t come correct, we may be in a spot of trouble. Because we’ll have a very expensive squad being handed over to his successor who may not want to run the same system…

1 Like

Whats Pep done to Carragher with him trying to lay blame on him.

1 Like

There is quite a bit of this on Twitter also, he’s got too much influence etc.

Twitter is twitter, but Carragher is meant to be smarter than making unsubstantiated comments.

1 Like

Frankly I don’t take Carragher seriously as a pundit…

Did he state it as fact or just his opinion?

1 Like

exactly this… dude needs to stfu.

Me neither he trys so hard not too seem biased he comes over as an idiot.

Does it matter he has no clue so why even go down that road.

Apparently he and Neville were arguing after our game tonight and Neville was saying FSG need to sell or back Klopp but Carragher was disagreeing with him.
Mostly watching him doing commentator on ours is fucking painful.

1 Like

I hope u are right , but this what we are hearing since day one but the fact is this midfield has no gear left to click

1 Like

Well that was fun wasn’t it. This season combined with the disaster at the end of last means serious questions need asking. Who the fuck has the key to the club’s Tequilla store and can they please lose it?

Never a penalty either.

I presume all the obvious points have been covered. Don’t hate myself enough to read through them on the last day of my holidays (both of them)

1 Like

A hard , hard watch…makes you want to cry…I won’t…but it hurts…just one consolation from this episode…others have been beat by this Brentford team…but we didn’t see the song n dance about those defeats…so to me this season is annihilate LFC…by press, and tv coverage, …did we see this much press coverage, over a loss, when the shitty lost to Brentford…it really pees me off…end of rant…but cmon boys, smarten up.

Says every LFC, yearly, in the middle of our obligatory seasonal slump. Or this season, slumps, or maybe just sluuuuuuummmmmmmmmp.

Can you remember a season where we haven’t fought out way out of a form slump? Even prior to Klopp? (owlface doesn’t count)

Or his imagination goes only as far as reading shit people say on twitter. We’ve been having the same comments about Pep ruining things on here for months

1 Like

Did you just put ‘Carra’ and ‘smart’ in the same sentence?

stick shift handling GIF

I disagree. I think it’s difficult to understate how awful our defending of crosses was today. Repeatedly balls were played into our box and allowed to travel a long way through it without us getting around to making an attempt to clear it. I think it was the second disallowed one Wissa was allowed to bring the ball down on his chest and take a shot. It doesnt matter what the outcome of the play was, that is diabolically bad. The fact it was not a one off today, but representative of how we defended in the first half is the fundamental behind today’s loss. Not mistakes. Not bad decisions. Just a fundamental lack of commitment in defending, like everyone was expecting someone else to do their job for them.

1 Like

I must admit i did find it hard too.

just wondering what they did in the hot weather training camp as theyve come back and been just as defensivley poor in the 4 games so far.