Post match: Brentford v Liverpool (EPL 2/1/23 5.30pm)

?? Lack of ROI on the VVD and Salah transfers?? They’ve won the lot.

Btw, Pep (the good pep) I have a feeling won’t stray too far from Klopp’s way of playing. :wink:

3 Likes

That hurt,particularly as we were crap!
We can still salvage something from the season but we need to start now.
FSG need to open the cheque book and Klopp needs to take advantage of it.
There is now doubt a couple of mids are required now if we are to salvage anything from this season.
As others have pointed out some appear to be in cruise control, if so, maybe they need a rest, but we need the resources to do that, can’t drop it on kids, and the older players will, and likely are, running out of the legs to play constantly.

Probably the same as what they wouldv’e done in the UK had it not been 0 degrees tbh.

No need to bring outside noise into it or look anywhere else for where our downfall comes from this season.

The problem lies 100% on the pitch.

AOC MOTM says it all!

Naby and Ox were two of our best players tonight.

Felt for Alisson tonight, must be thinking what’s gotten into this team.

The save right before Wissa prodded it in and was offside was world class, and he almost made a 2nd world class by clawing out his headed minutes later.

By far been our player of the season.

regarding Carragher, i understand everyone wants to circle the wagons etc etc…but sometimes, every so often, i guy that played 600 plus games of football for a club has the ear of a few people and the pulse of the club.

thats not proof in itself, but its not indykalia or duncun whatshisname…its a guy whos undeniably Red through and through, and who, mind you, wouldnt go around burning bridges for a few ‘likes’ on twitter or whatever.

could be something to it.

runs and ducks for cover…

1 Like

the grown ups are discussing just that over here;

Jürgen Klopp: The Bossest of Bosses - The Albert - THE ANFIELD NOISE

I couldn’t watch the game, but with hindsight, it was a blessing in disguise, as it hinders me to be too worked up tonight. A bad result which was coming upon us after the pitiful performances of late. I still thought that the lads would show a reaction, but apparently, they couldn’t.

Oh well, good night, bless ye all. There will be better days.

3 Likes

That period of play from Tsimikas’s wayward crossfield ball to the 2nd goal being scored was everything wrong about our play in a fucking nutshell.
A terrible ball across our own box, allowing the attacker all the time in the world to chest the ball down and get a shot off from the corner and then gifting them the ball from the re-start after the goal was disallowed. Absolutely fucking criminal. Not that it’s anything new, we’ve been playing ourselves into trouble from the back all season and it’s actually incredible it hasn’t cost us more goals.

We now have no midfielders I would consider to be indispensable now or in the long term. None. Every fucking one of them could be shown the door in the summer and it would be justifiable for one reason or another.

1 Like

6 points away all season

There’s not a manager in the world that has got a better ROI from his players. His issue is loyalty to his ‘investments’, a good quality that seems to be a blind spot also

But the issue here has zero to do with his having played 600 games of football, or his prior association with LFC.

It has everything to do with being a Sky TV pundit…

This team is in the race for the Top 4. But I’d feel less anxious about their recent performances if the dynamic behind the scenes didn’t seem so dysfunctional. FSG shopping the club. Edwards, Ward and Graham leaving. It’s hard not to be nervous when you’re not sure who will be making the decisions that will help this club transition into its next era of success.

3 Likes

Does he not access to our season so far?

2 Likes

This is probably what I feel.

All seems in flux and nothing is settled, in fact I prefer to have a few less leaks about.

1 Like

We put together four wins in a row, some said that we were not that far away from the top 2, then today we get a reality check. We can crow on about how many games to go there are, but at a certain point you’ll run out of games, and I’ve seen nothing that suggests we’re going to “turn our performances around a bit.” Doesn’t mean this is a bad team, or that this season is definitively gone, but I would not be surprised if we miss top 4.

2 Likes

You’ll go back and notice that I clearly said “right now”.

No question that we have done well with some signings, but there’s a downfall to heavy metal football and it’s called BURNOUT.

Salah has gone to shit. The Egyptian King has played like a pauper since AFCON where he played four consecutive 120min matches.

Robbo and Trent have somehow managed to avoid any lengthy injury spells, probably our only saving grace. Henderson is done. Mo and Bobby are shadows of what they were and Virg looks like he’s stuck in 3rd gear since the injury.

Would be curious to see where we rank in a “games missed due to injury” stat

1 Like

See above. Salah is on massive wages right now and largely anonymous

black and white single tear GIF

1 Like