Post match: Brentford v Liverpool (EPL 2/1/23 5.30pm)

It does not matter how good any individual player is if there are deficits in the remainder of the squad that are easily exploitable.

I get what youā€™re saying with this. It is the data point that belies all this talk over our lack of net spend. We spend big money to keep players here. Not enough are holding up their end of the bargain right now in earning that money.

7 Likes

Wow, looks like I have stepped into a Citeh, Plastic, Bitter, Scum forum.

Brentford are a good team and also their ground (all be it new) is a tough place to go to and so I feel they should be applauded.
They executed their game plan correctly and we did not know how to handle it.

It is strange because apart from 20mins in the 1st half where we were second best, we looked more of a team than we had in the two previous games where we won.

Going forward, Elliott (i think he is great talent) can not start. It has to be 3 seasoned players, with Elliott, Carv, coming on to change the game as Subs. Fabs looked a lot better and Keita moved the ball well when he came on - hopefully he didnā€™t stub a toe nail.

Going forward I hope to see the following, as our main line up:

Alisson
Trent
Matip
Vvd
Robbo
Fab
Thiago
Hendo/Keita
Gapko
Nunez
Salah

2 Likes

Very good assessment, I still canā€™t think of an occasion where we were awarded a freekick for a foul?

1 Like

We need a proper full pre season with a clear tactical plan for the season ahead. Tell me if Iā€™m wrong but due to the WC it wonā€™t be at the end of this season will it?

Kloop needs to seriously look at VDD our defense was much better without him tonight. Salah also just hasnā€™t any form what so ever.

I thought Thiago was rotten tonight just kept making bad decissions and bad passes however a bit more speed and intelligence he could have been good.

Defensively we are a real mess, noone notices or picks up opposition players. I know that many like this zonal stuff however to place some responsibilty on each player it might help to go man to man. Since the beginning of the season the attack has done nothing to help our defensive woes, this is a big change from previous seasons. Contrary to our midfield who seem to be trying to do what the attack used to and their ā€˜normalā€™ shift and being completely caught out due to it. We can see Fabs being absolutely useless because he neds players around him and they are all up the pitch trotting back (as well as him being really poor since the end of last season).

Even so our position is OK in comparison to how poor I feel we are playing!

We ran out of steam by the hour mark.

We ran out of steam halfway through the CL final

1 Like

I stil blame whoever let Gini leave.

3 Likes

jurgens comments about brentford pushing the limits are embarrasing. i only hope he is protecting the players - not sure why - but brentford bullied us after 10 mins and we couldnt deal with it. They scored 4 times in the first half and without VAR at least 3 would stand.
our game is just littered with errors and have been all season.

I see soma y people say Thiago is our only creativity. What does he create? I see some nice cross field passes and forward whipped passes but which are key? How many decisive, chance creating passes does he make?

I mean even for coaches like Klopp, he would have known some players are beyond their sell by date and his hands are tied due to the transfer team being unable to sell certain players?

None, heā€™s another player who is elevated into this catagory of no criticismā€¦ Heā€™s been part of the midfield which has never gained control of a game since Fulham game week 1. He has been our best midfielder by a country mile, yet that level is still not good enough.

Keita came on and showed the direct purpose and control weā€™ve been crying out for, itā€™s a pitty heā€™s made out of soggy rich tea biscuits.

Klopp specifically has had a hand in keeping players who we really should have sold onā€¦ He wanted to keep Gini, he directly got involved with Milner and Henderson renewingā€¦ Heā€™s part of Firmino renewingā€¦

One of Kloppā€™s biggest faults is his loyalty to his players and that for me is now becoming our biggest issueā€¦ A team of over paid, legs falling off players who simply donā€™t have it in them to go again.

1 Like

Backing???
Our most recent signings cost around Ā£150m in total: Gakpo; Darwin; Diaz; Carvalho; Ramsay.

Starting to see signs that Jurgens honeymoon is over.
Weā€™ll be venturing into the toxic world of Rafaā€™s final few months before long

1 Like

Itā€™s not just yesterdayā€™s game but basically sums up our 22/23 season thus far.

1 Like

Frustrated Ryan Gosling GIF

7 years of success is some honeymoon. Maybe some dickheads on twitter will become toxic, before heading off to support Newcastle, but heā€™ll always be loved by our fans

6 Likes

The Milner and Hendo deal literally goes against the age limit of our recruitment ethos. Why doesnā€™t it applies to renewal of contracts as well?

Agree.
Iā€™ve more man love for Jurgen than I did for Rafa.
I trust him to turn this around, but fickle fans will be fickle fans

5 Likes