Post match: Brentford v Liverpool (EPL 2/1/23 5.30pm)

Mate, he literally refused Nunez in the summer and now we apparantly back in for him? He’s the main reason our midfield is utterly fucked. It needed reinforcement in the summer… You seen his latest comments??

1 Like

Positives - Performances and results like this may force the clubs hand into signing the 2 midfielders we need.

We’ve run out of manager miracles.

Well, I for one feel the problems start in not having two key pressers up front, Mane who we sold and Firmino who is missing. The pressing from the opposition build up area missing affects everything else in my opinion, the workload increases for midfield and intensity starts looking below required levels, spaces open and a defence that was enabled to push up because of that effective press up front becomes vulnerable.

Personally I’m missing Mane’s pressing in tandem with a prime Firmino more than Mane’s goals (even though what a treat those were).

And currently totally empty on the left wing…hope Gakpo can be developed into a pressing machine from Klopp, but also Nunez.

To sum up, for me it’s about intensity and pressing, everything else that looks like a problem derives from that…

3 Likes

The referee was 15m behind Ibou when the ball was passed forward. He was 25m behind play when Ibou went down… SURELY, he should have asked VAR to look at events of the incident from all angles before he awards the goal so decisively…!! It is his job after all so the least we can expect is that they do it properly

He always has done. Trouble is, of course, that he’s made of crisps.

1 Like

Robbo being honest in his post match.
Klopp needs to step up now and if players are not dojng as they ask then drop them, the high line isn’t working and Mo for me is offering us nothing his movement is so static and neverbchanges position, our attacking best used to be with the interchanges from our forwards and we need to be able to go on the outside. Major surgery neede to our tactics

1 Like

i agree and i disagree @Draexnael. Klopp has done all he can. He has only played one way, with a small tweak here and there. but the cycle for this teams midfield is over, been over since Gini left, but Klopp always managed to get a bit more out of them. Unfortunately there aint nothing left in the tank. Thiago is playing almost 90 minutes per game on two days/three days rest. we need a reset and need it badly

1 Like

True

I think we’re condition by the title runs into thinking we’re not allowed to drop a point.

A top four race is not the same. You can afford to drop points.

We’ll be fine. There is barely a third of the season gone, and loads of time for us to click into gear.

5 Likes

We need to freshen up our midfield ASAP. The way klopp plays demands a lot from the midfield 3. We just don’t have the legs for it at the moment and it shows. Teams are not afraid to go at us anymore, and when they sense blood, they pounce. We can’t be playing catch-up every game and expect a result. It’s so mentally draining playing from behind every game.

Pretty good summary of the actual play. We weren’t great by any means, but an actual decent referee and we might well have gotten the points here.

He is Stuart Atwell.

1 Like

I’m telling you the reason we didn’t invest in the midfield is because of Klopp, he was offered multiple midfielders after Touchameni fell through and said he was good with what he had… Then backed down a week to go in the window and we couldn’t get a player.

He can also when the team has lost the ability to press drop us 10 yards deeper and play counter attack football.

A stubborn man coming unstuck.

2 Likes

Also why does Trent wait or have to wait at least a minute to take a throw in or a set piece especially if it goes back Becker.

1 Like

I hate to be another turning on a fellow fan, but what the fuck sort of post is this? 6 points behind 3rd place with 21 games to go? You’d have to be a real fucking pessimist to believe we can’t at least obtain Champions League football again at this point. The only thing blocking that aspiration is turning around our performances a bit.

3 Likes

If the roles were reversed is there anyone of the mealy-mouthed saying he went down easily who would not be talking about a stonewall PK?

we re the lowest spending team out of the big six even lower than west ham. If klopp wanted nunez, thats fine, give him nunez AND midfielders… for the money and value he has added to the club, FSG need to give more and klopp has insinuated as much

1 Like

The number of clowns who believe every single rumour out there is fascinating.

Yeah, that U21 fitness coach leaving has really left us in the lurch.

I’ve never questioned Klopp, but there seems to be a malaise in the players and his tactics are now being nullified by the opposition, need to be able to have a plan B