Post Match: Brighton v Liverpool (FAC 29/1/23 1.30pm)

Player of the match
  • Alisson BECKER
  • Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD
  • Ibrahima KONATE
  • Joe GOMEZ
  • Andrew ROBERTSON
  • Stefan BAJCETIC
  • Naby KEITA
  • Thiago ALCANTARA
  • Mohamed SALAH
  • Cody GAKPO
  • Harvey ELLIOTT
  • Jordan HENDERSON
  • James MILNER
  • Darwin NUNEZ
  • Curtis JONES

0 voters

Unused subs: Kelleher, Fabinho, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Tsimikas, Matip

:arrows_counterclockwise: 59’ Darwin NUNEZ :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Harvey ELLIOTT

:arrows_counterclockwise: 59’ Jordan HENDERSON :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Naby KEITA

:arrows_counterclockwise: 59’ James MILNER :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD

:arrows_counterclockwise: 79’ Curtis JONES :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Thiago ALCANTARA

:arrows_counterclockwise: 85’ FABINHO :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Stefan BAJCETIC

:soccer: 30’ Harvey ELLIOTT (Assist Mohamed SALAH)

Dear Jürgen,

Not that it’s my place to question your decisions, but please play Darwin through the middle and Gakpo on the left in future.

Thanks,

COG.

11 Likes

Maybe Chelsea can spare us a team

2 Likes

Thank god I’m at a family party and I don’t have to read the same twats moaning about the same things.

4 Likes

Rubbish!

Wow shit this means we will only win the CL this season.

1 Like

They dont even need Caicedo.

1 Like

Blessing in disguise for a few reasons. Now we can concentrate on the remaining games. And, if not obvious to Klopp and the coaching team before, which players should be first choice henceforth.

3 Likes

As the Match thread starter I take full responsibility.
Sorry Reds

Fucking team could have helped me out though.

1 Like

Glad we’re out. Don’t need the FA cup this year.

I’m wondering if this particular choice was so Núñez can play a more Mané-like role while Gakpo plays a more Firmino-like role?

It’s only the FA cup who cares.

Top 4 and CL it’ll have to be.

1 Like

Whatever the reasoning behind it, it hasn’t even looked like working so far.

2 Likes

This team is done, needs a full clear out!

No fight at all second half, just going through the motions.

2 Likes

Top 4 of the bottoms half of the table more like

An improved performance from our lads. The late goal is a bit of a kick in the teeth, as a draw would have been more logical, looking at the chances on both sides.

But I only want to focus on our improvement. Losing this means that we won’t have a replay and this competition is now out of the way. That will give the lads more time to train and rest, and that’s what they need in order to further improve.

Also, well done Brighton, and good luck to them for the remainder of the season. It’s not a shame to lose to a presently very good side.

6 Likes

Our experienced subs cost us

2 Likes