Post match: Crystal Palace v Liverpool (EPL 19/12/20 12.30pm)

For the first time ever a post of mine was deleted because I reacted to your post.

I am a bad boy now :smirk:

1 Like

He is from the Shire, eh!!!

1 Like

I think it’s the first game for a long time, when I felt confident after each goal that VAR wouldn’t intervene and I could actually celebrate.

4 Likes

Well that was unexpected in the best possible way. A bit shaky after the first goal, but after that almost faultless. Clinically brilliant.

4 Likes

It’s like calling someone from Wigan a Scouser :flushed:

2 Likes

Well, there is a first time for everything. Glad to have been part of your this particular first :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks at least someone explained; micro xenophobia then.

3 Likes

Yeah you right.
Jon Moss was probably daydreaming about the after match buffet table from the 10th minute.!

4 Likes

Refs should have drones to get about on :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh come on. They don’t make drones big enough to lift jon moss. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Falcon Heavy would struggle.

1 Like

What an amazing win, so many things being put into place with it:

• Buried the goal difference and any psychological factor that the 7-2 loss at Villa may have caused;

• Built on the win vs Spurs;

• Firmino cementing his return to form, what a display that was!!! Simply amazing!
    My favourite player is Firmino, and my son’s favourite player is Wijnaldum. Back in late October, both these players were way below their best, and I ordered their jerseys for Christmas as a vote of confidence, with the motto “form is temporary, class is permanent, they’ll be back to their best” in mind.
    We always get our Liverpool kits on Christmas, it’s our tradition. And both players have been amazing in the last few games, especially the last 2, and it will be awesome to unbox the jerseys on Christmas day (my son doesn’t know).

• A 7th win in a row vs Palace, putting the so-called “Crystanbul” myth to bed (for me, it was never the case: as much as yielding a 3-0 lead had hurt at the time, it was never as vital as they made it to be. The title was lost in the previous match vs Chelsea, and in the game vs Palace even a win would require City losing points the way I remember it. It was just the icing on the cake, but the cake was already baked-and tasted like shit too!)

But for me it’s also another milestone to have witnessed, as it made me remember witnessing our 9-0 victory over Palace at Anfield, at the time where Liverpool captured my heart and I became a die-hard Liverpool fan back in the mid/late-80s (this result was September 1989). That was at Anfield though, and this 7-0 at Palace is at least as massive as that one. If there ever was any doubt that this Liverpool team is as good as the 80s team, it’s extinguishing fast!

Here’s an amazing stat for our front three, who scored and assisted for the first time in the League (without even playing the full 90)

15 Likes

Amazon do :angry:

2 Likes

I take it the above is a typo?

3 Likes

Cheers mate, well spotted, still had Villa in my mind from another sentence…their time will come, I’m sure :stuck_out_tongue:
(I’m guessing not in the Cup though, as we’ll probably play a weakened side)
Edited now to look proper.

2 Likes

I understand, it’s a recurring nightmare, which I can’t forget also.

4 Likes

Let’s hope we don’t get them in the cup this year. It didn’t go well last time :wink:

2 Likes

I would have forgiven Roy Hodgson for everything if he came out after the game and said “The better team lost”.

4 Likes

You can buy this on Amazon? :astonished:

3 Likes

It may need a little adjustment in livery, but yeah Im in. How would you show cards though?

1 Like