Post match: Crystal Palace v Liverpool (EPL 19/12/20 12.30pm)

Not sofa-r

1 Like

Ridiculous.

Henderson, Bobby and Salah (just for his 2nd goal) MOTM.

Just a thought. We were fucking sensational but do you look at Palace and wonder if that’s down to having to play 3 times in 6 days? Something we have to do on a regular basis. If so it just shows the disadvantage we are put at, especially as most of our early KO’s are in London/Brighton etc.

2 Likes

Don’t want to get too cocky here, but when you look at the December fixtures for us and the six or seven teams below us, then it looks like we could be at least six points clear by the time the dust has settled on 2020. And if we maintain our current form, with important players coming back from injury, then you have to be really optimistic about this season’s outcome.

Or to put it another way, we’re gonna win the league!

8 Likes

Brilliant, I sit cross legs anyways

2 Likes

I have a similar feeling to coming out of my first rave at 7.00am into brilliant summer sunshine, thinking what the fck can you do now…

4 Likes

Would you be able to sleep after this :upside_down_face:

A piece of piss.

7 Likes

Wow, I don’t think anybody could have imagined that we ran away with this match away from home. It’s not so bad for an early match, eh? (After the first half, my dad said that it would end up with another 4 goals to us. Good call dad!)

After Taki scored that goal, Palace just pressed us to oblivion. Our passes were hurried, off target. Palace players were first to the ball. It was a very tough 30 minutes afterwards. We could have been fallen behind if Palace were a bit more clinical. You really have to give the opposition credits on their display during this period. Then, it’s bang, bang (just to piss off van Aanholt a bit more, Hahaha, petulant little shite), bang, bang, bang, bang. (I have lost count on who scored when!)

8 Shots (?), 7 goals. Wow again.

My 3 picks:

1. Bobby: It just appears that he has another pair of eyes on the back of his head to see the pitch so completely. The link-ups, the passes, the goal. Those shining teeth. Nicely done!
  2. Hendo: Whatever I said last few times, rinse and repeat…Covered at the back, important interceptions, nice passes…only this time he added a cracking goal as well. Oh our captain!
  3. Sadio: Beautiful spin, then smashed the ball into the corner of the net. I was hoping that he scored another one before coming off, but that was not to be. Like so many others today, he was influential in our attacking game.

Huge shout out to:
Taki to open the scoring, came back to defend early in the match. Some good passes. Much better at the front then in the centre of the park.
Mo came on cold but still scored 2: a header and a worldie.
TAA to recover from a bit of a stinker early in the match, and laid in some beautiful passes, ran into good spaces. How many assists did TAA has today?

5 Likes

One, I think. Different player assisting g all the goals.

2 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes

A shout out for Nabs. Second half work rate and defensive performance in some key moments in the first half when it was still 1-0 or 2-0.

11 Likes
6 Likes

I did pop into the Liverpool women thread but sadly Samantha wasn’t there. In fact, that thread wasn’t at all what I expected.

6 Likes

Well that turned out rather nicely again. In a way it reminds me of last year’s win at Leicester as I really wasn’t expecting it. Very difficult to pick a MotM because everyone had a great game.

I suppose Klopp needs acknowledgement for his game management. He managed to give some rest to all of our regular forwards (even if he pissed off Mané) and we still ran away with it. Nice to see Bobby getting his predator streak back and Mo’s entry was about as big an impact substitution as you are likely to see: a massive assist and two goals.

9 Likes

I just can’t fucking believe how we’ve dealt with the injury blows. Actually, you know what, I can believe it. I’ve never seen a club run like this in my whole life. Nobody has. Liverpool are a fucking MONSTER.

13 Likes

Never been :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

After the seventh goal (or was it the sixth? couldn’t keep up), Klopp started to chuckle, caught himself doing this, and put on his mask and zipped up his jacket to try to hide it. Klopp on the troll me thinks

4 Likes

Order has been restored, that Afrikana clown in the in match thread talking about our away form was clearly not smoking anything.

5 Likes

Jürgen Norbert Klopp: currently the 3rd best football manager in world.

Because
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
the best is dead, and the second best is not born yet.

2 Likes