Post Match: (EPL Liverpool v Crystal Palace 23/5/21 4.00pm)

Very routine after about 10 minutes, goal settled the nerves, nice to see a crowd back and sky gave us a treat by binning Tyler off somewhere else.

Wasn’t the best performance but it really didn’t to and I didn’t expect us to concede once we went ahead.

Mane needed a crowd and looked a lot sharper everyone played their part, all the best to Gini and 3rd place ahead of Chelsea all very nice.

Wasn’t the worst title defence after all?

Went for Mane, Thiago and Robertson who having almost played every minute it seems looked fresher than he has been for four months.

5 Likes
25 Likes

Considering the context, finishing third is a pretty decent achievement. I thought we were in a good position to come back and defend our title, and we looked the real deal early to mid-December, but then the 2 draws over Christmas and the defeat to Southampton affected my belief, but I didn’t expect us to be out of the top four for the last 1/3 of the season. I had given up on it completely after the Newcastle game, but good job that the manager and the players thought different. They might not have won the League again like we thought they could in September, but no one can question their commitment or mentality after our resurgence. I think Jurgen has enhanced his already-astronomical stock. YNWA

12 Likes

Well done boys, horrible season but we managed not to ruin the next one too.

12 Likes

Given the harrowing season we experienced, this is a sweet ending. We will 100% be much stronger next season and we will be challenging for the title.
Massive shoutout to Nat and Rhys, who exceptional.

8 Likes

Massively important to finish in a Champions League spot, but perhaps more important to finish on a high that we can take into next season.

Can’t forget the issues that led to the point though Lot of decision to be made about the squad over the next few months, but for now just going to enjoy the result and the achievement.

MOTM for Mane, Thiago and Gini since it’s his last one.

6 Likes

Great end to a shitty season.

We could have lost today and still qualify for the CL

4 Likes

It’s testament to Klopp that our team has such a never-say-die attitude. We’ve been absolutely scrupulous in our last few performances of the season. Glad to pip Chelsea too (shame Leicester couldn’t as well but can’t have everything). I’d say 3rd is a very fair finish given the season we’ve had. Lots to build on for next year: with our full team we’re comfortably the second best team in the league after City, but still plenty to work on on both ends of the pitch.

Time for a drink!

8 Likes
14 Likes

Job done, what a roller coaster ride of a season we had. Never looked like losing this one, aside from the breakaway Palace had in the early goings. We played so well today, all the passing and movements were so fluid. What a difference the 12th men makes, next year hopefully with fans back in at Anfield it will push the team to higher heights.
Thiago boss the midfield today again, he’s really settle into the squad I think next year he’s gonna shine even more. Gini, man he’s such a low key player, nothing flashy but provides so much stability to our midfield. He never rushes a play but always make sure we have control of the situation. I hope he can stay, although from the looks of it today, it seems like this is his last game. He’s gonna be missed next yr with his even keel approach. The club better fine someone who can match his contribution.
The whole forward line was solid today, combine really well with movements and passings. Mane terrorize Palace, and Mo and Trent had some really good stuff on the right. Too bad Mo couldn’t score and get that Golden boot.
The defense had no fault today aside from Trent miscue pass to the center. I think Nat has got to play into the team for next season with his performance in the last 3mths. He’s my 3CB at the moment.
Looking back on the season, we really came a long way from all those crazy injuries to that crazy losing streak at Anfield and then Ali with that last min Devine intervention. No we didn’t give City a run for the money this year and properly defend our title, but in the scope of things, I say we had a damn good campaign.
Now that we are back in Champs League and have some financial certainty, it’s time to spend some money and bolster the squad for a proper strike back next season
It’s been wild ride, see you all next season.

YNWA

8 Likes
15 Likes

Alisson walked through the guard of honour waving left and right as if it was for him. :joy:

12 Likes

6 weeks ago we were 8th. We’ve finished 3rd.

So I have 3 words: All Is Forgiven

16 Likes

As you wish Draexnael. I can’t help it. You know me, i have always been a nervous fan, the last 10 years.

Considering, we have had a mostly miserable season, we did well to get 3rd tbh. The other teams had less injuries than our lot.

11 Likes

Well that turned out far better than we could have hoped for a few weeks back.

MotM for Mané. He has had a torrid time of it recently so it was nice to see him back in the goals.

Also, thanks to everyone on the pre-match thread for suggesting streams. I ended up watching it silently and 5 minutes delayed but I did actually get to see it.

I did think it summed up our season that we ended up with both centre backs stuck together with duck tape. Let’s hope we can use the next few weeks to sort out the squad.

6 Likes

Love this YNWA

7 Likes

2 words. Job done!

7 Likes

Yeah after the Newcastle game I just wanted us to finish strong and see what it got us, would have been gutted to miss out on Europe but was concerned we would end up in the Europa conference.

Perfect end to the season anyhow and a new position for Klopp who hasn’t had third here.

I would have bitten your hand off if you had given me top four after the loss to Fulham but would have been gutted if we had missed out today.

After Ali’s last ditch header you kind of thought it must happen.

Anyhow Craig Pawson reffed the match fair.

10 Likes

I smoked a pipe each half and took a valium to settle my nerves. Well deserved win, and another clean sheet! Well done to our defence! Big Nat deserves a new contract, he and Rhys did excellent,

Great finish to the season. 27 out 30 pts is some return, we top the form table.

I’m in heaven!!!

In Klopp we trust!!!
We fookin’ do!!!

15 Likes

This is massive… Wow… Champions League and additional 50 million transfer funds… Title again next season…
Refs in all the 3 games had a fair game. May be VAR might have given Kanes handball.

4 Likes