Post Match: (EPL Liverpool v Crystal Palace 23/5/21 4.00pm)

Yeah, he did well!

2 Likes

after the season we have had and still finish third, is that an indictment on the league or are we lucky or good maybe a combination of all three

5 Likes

audrey

I can understand if we came 4th, but I am still in shock how we came 3RD!!

16 Likes

That was a big dipper type of roller coaster season, where the true LFC stood up to be counted at the end of the season and a big shout out from me to Nat, Rhys & Ozan, who stepped up to the plate, in difficult circumstances and did us and Liverpool proud YNWA

4 Likes

Congrats and well done LFC, WELL DONE REDS!!

4 Likes

Well done, lads. Absolute shit of a season, but we finish with our heads held high I’d say.

Counting down the days until next season already. Supporters, returning players, Thiago at his best, a couple sensible, well placed additions and this league won’t know what’s hit it.

4 Likes

Gini champions wall plaque and guard of honour

14 Likes

Given our position only about a month ago, I thought it was almost certain that we would miss out. Just an unbelievable turn around. 3rd place, even in a normal season, while it’s not what we want, would be considered decent. But, given the injuries that we have had, it is an amazing result.

9 Likes
12 Likes

Would have walked it again without the injuries :grinning::+1:
Hopefully they will underestimate us next season :wink:

9 Likes

I was proven wrong, I had us losing out with 67 points. Kept it to myself thank god.

6 Likes

We wouldn’t have missed out though :wink:

5 Likes

I’m going to miss Gini

That was the type of performance that we were missing in 2021 against the lower ranked teams
Definite hints of a return to heavy metal
Did Robbo play every match this year?

10 Likes
12 Likes

Feels good that Wijnaldum leaves on a high. A model professional with excellent service throughout his time at LFC. You can tell that he will be missed by his teammates.

The game’s result was never in question. Palace weren’t up for it. We were dominant but wasteful again; thankfully we got two good goals and Mane was Mane for the first time in months. Pity that Salah didn’t get his goal; he was also very good just not sharp enough when he did get his openings.

All in all another good game to conclude a fantastic run to the end of the season. Getting a CL spot could turn out to be pivotal both in terms of recruitment and as foundation to build on for the next season.

That said, we shouldn’t go overboard cheering and celebrating a top 4 finish on the last day of the season, 30 points worse off than the previous year. A success considering the hellish amount of injuries and bad luck we suffered but clearly not good enough.

4 Likes
30 Likes

5 wins on the bounce to, lets be honest steal our way into top 4.

That mentality monster finally came out the closet. At times it wasn’t pretty, at times is was downright awful, but here we are…3rd !

Lets build on that and smash this league next season

5 Likes

Started all 38

6 Likes

What a man

6 Likes

Choked up a little reading that.

YNWA Gini, thank you for everything

8 Likes