Post Match: (EPL Liverpool v Crystal Palace 23/5/21 4.00pm)

Can you believe with 5th and 6th choice defenders we had only 3 more losses than champions City??

8 Likes
33 Likes

Well done team. Nice win in the end. Finished strong and qualified for the Champions League. Deserved.

5 Likes

Stood up and were counted when it mattered, whatever happens from here on in, they will have a place in our history.

6 Likes
  1. No. It shows that the league is tough
  2. No. The textbook example of luck is Man Utd and their penalties
    QED we are good but unlucky (with injuries)
5 Likes

After that season with losing Hendo for the last two months as well I am going enjoy the outcome today.

People were talking up Klopp as looking like his last year at Dortmund I didn’t by that but he missed the buzz of the crowd he has looked his old self the last few weeks and beating Man Utd 4-2 a few weeks back along with Ali’s header was a great way to round off the season.

9 Likes

Interesting that he hasn’t signed anywhere else yet. Hopefully he has the sense to avoid the cesspit that is modern Barca

8 Likes

Big ups to @Walshy07, who has moaned constantly all season, and even up until a week or so ago claimed that we weren’t going to get top 4. Embarrassing season for him, but we’re hopeful he can come back strong next year.

20 Likes

Well done to everyone, magnificent effort to finish 3rd. Thiago was easily man of the match for me.

8 Likes

people think this difficult season actually this is a miracle season . Nat and rhys did great job especially Nat, without him wouldnt get 3rd or forth or even fifth
alison last 9 -10 games were great
finally sorry to see Gini go
and i love the new KIT

4 Likes

Can’t wait until kick off in August. Our boys if healthy will rule the PL again! What a team, what hearts! 21/22 will be our year again!

8 Likes

He should’ve signed the contract on offer then, I’m sure it wasn’t a pittance.

5 Likes
12 Likes

He’s a decent shout for if there’s a second one!

1 Like

We should give @Walshy07 a hug. We have all been down in the dumps and been moaning minnies all season. Missed @Flobs moaning about Gini. Also, missing @Alright_Now, hope he comes back soon.

Where’s our resident moaner @indianscouser asking for subs after 20 minutes?

13 Likes

Had a tougher year than most on that team. Probably deserved

4 Likes

What’s happened to @alrightnow Maria?

4 Likes

He will be back, he has been very busy with work and home etc. Hopefully, he will be back in the near future.

7 Likes

Recognition and appreciation to Nat and Rhys for forming a partnership that saved our season.

May neither ever be first choice CB again for the majority of a season, and may they both drink for free on merseyside for the rest of their days.

5 Likes

Feel sad the season is over, although I wanted it to end and to know we’d finished top four.

Credit to all at the club for pulling this off from a desperate position.

We’ve work to do in the summer, we have to address issues in each department, particularly with the Euros taking something out of some of our boys, and the African Nations Cup taking the African players mid season.

It’s great to see the development of our young defenders into genuine options, Thiago finally showing his quality, and to see the forwards looking lively again.

We’ve achieved top 4, we’ve seen what can happen when you live with too many injury prone players and players who can’t be trusted to play enough in rotation.

It’s time to invest in refreshing the squad.

All the best to all at the club, staying and departing, and here’s hoping we see some positive moves this summer.

6 Likes