Post match: Fulham v's Liverpool (PL Matchday 01 06/08/2022 12:30 : 2-2

1. The game would’ve stopped two seconds after the foul, so the goal situation would never have occured.

2. Ref would’ve said play on, and told VAR that he saw some contact but not enough to go down. So no pen, and no VAR overturn

1 Like

It was a questionable call we’ve seen not given for us plenty of times. So it is not entirely unreasonable to feel it was wrong.

Telling someone to “shut the fuck up”, I felt that was an allowable response from @Quicksand

Don’t like the response? Then don’t start shit in the first place

5 Likes

i hope thiago is ok but i also hope this injury forces us into the midfield market

The question is, who is good enough and also available?

Good to hear JK not trying to hide behind refereeing decisions for that result. We were lucky to get a point. It was a terrible performance and he knows it. At the end of the season Fulham will either go down or be close to going down and we just can’t afford to drop points against teams like that.

I can’t remember seeing Virgil have a worse game. His passing was way off and Mitrovic did him up like a kipper for that pen. Many others off as well. Trent, Thiago, Fabinho, Robbo. Players who are usually reliable just didn’t turn up today.

The one positive, apart from us not losing, was Nunez. We looked totally blunt before he came on but he made things happen and was a real handful. He’ll get a load of goals this season.

10 Likes

The first half deserves a fine. They looked like they were taking their stroll instead of trying to win a competive game. No fight, no energy, no intensity. Fulham deserved their lead and then some.

The subs and Milner the ageless injected some life, Nunez gets a nice goal and when we’re looking like we’re going to turn it around, Matip makes an awful pass and Mitrovic catches Van Dijk, of all people, flat footed. Never thought I’d see that. Not much football was played after that but thankfully a point was rescued with Salah’s nifty finish but overall? It’s exactly what Klopp said. Good result from a terrible game.

It’s the 5th game in the row counting from last season that we concede first. Some adjustments have to be made. And of course a shit afternoon wouldn’t be complete without another injury.

2 Likes

I actually thought our physio mouth cramp but I guess we will see. Not worth a risk but it does raise a headache and am not sure who we get in if we went to the market.

1 Like

the other nunes is available… our scouting team knows who is available. we can’t ride or die with a 36 year old and two 19 year olds, midfield needs help

2 Likes

I’m talking about last season as well. Robbo’s form has dropped off and has been declining for some time.

there are players available… we really need a buffer for hendo, thiago and keita especially hendo and thiago as they are getting on in age

Noticed Darwin in the last 10mins, getting ankle kicked…but no fouls…wonder if thats a tatic other teams will use…just kick the shit out of him…

2 Likes

Well, our CBs were complacent as well!

1 Like

We just didn’t look arsed in the first half. Midfield the biggest culprit

2 Likes

Well they tried it on Salah and Mane got the last 4-5 years.

2 Likes

No, I agree. I think we should’ve signed another midfielder weeks ago, before the injuries. But that’s just my opinion.

2 Likes

Did not expect that our boys came out so flat for a season opener against a newly promoted side. We were not able to string more than 3 accurate passes together. Kudos to the opposition on their energy and tempo. Fulham did not give our lads any time on the ball. Constant harassment, non-stop pressure.

It felt that we were very lucky to escape Craven Cottage with a point, though we were unlucky with hitting the framework twice (while Fulham got the upright once). Very disappointed with the first goal against. Hendo was out further up the pitch after being fouled (no call), leaving TAA a bit exposed. I have no argument on the penalty given against Big Virg.

Really hope that Thiago’s injury is not serious. We are getting a bit thin on the centre of the park with injuries.

Hard to give the 3 picks (where is the poll?!), but here they are:

1. Mo
  2. Darwin
  3. Joël

This has been on my mind the last year, so I’m finally going to let this loose and let the chips fall where they may.

Robbo is an arrogant player, in general. I respect and appreciate what he’s done as a Liverpool player in the past but he’s run around unchecked for some time. Despite how he plays he knows he’ll never be dropped, never really having a player to seriously threaten his place. I believe someone needed to have a word with him long ago. He’s borderline dirty at times but cowers when the player comes back at him. If you’re going to play that way, and challenge another man physically, stand your ground when he comes at you for dirty play.

3 Likes

its a good opinion lol… its like we love playing Russian roulette at times. reminds me when we lost lovren and didn’t sign a replacement and ended up playing fab and Hendo in defence. sometimes we jus too clever for our own good, sign a fuckin midfielder already

4 Likes

Do we consider Firmino as the third Midfielder perhaps. If Klopp doesn’t want to go into the market. I really don’t much of an impact sub in a way I’d see Jota or Diaz.

Nunez gives you everything a big man gives you but with skill. So he will become undroppable and I’d rather have Jota in the Centre when replacing him.

I assume the next few weeks will tell us

1 Like

I was just as disappointed with him for the first goal. Their move nearly broke down before it even started because the runner (dont know who he was) couldn’t get onside. He initially checked his run and came back to the ball to try to get back onside, but then saw Virgil dropping, playing him onside and resumed his run. All Virgil needed to do was hold the line and Fulham would have been stuck. He had a great angle on what was happening so I’m not sure why he did what he did.

As for the criticism of Robbo, might be valid as a general, but dont get fingering him for the first goal. The ball is put in behind him through no fault of his and he’s then got 2 runners to cover with very little help from anyone else. I dont know what people expect him to be able to do in that situation.

1 Like